CPA's Jalen Lindsey leaving CPA

Ticket

Thanks. Again, I was just guessing. I feel for the family and the kid trying to be together but being pulled apart by a career that is so uncertain and requires relocation. Still doesn't answer the "why CPA" question. The article emphasizes his desire to be on a top notch team that will help him get recruiter looks and exposure. Maybe that is why CPA, I don't know. You never know, maybe the "church school" factor was a deciding one. I still am guessing the dad heard of CPA through NFL people he knew who have had kids there. I wish them the best regardless of where they go.

He was quoted as saying "

“I want to stay here, but it’s whatever is best for my family,†Graves said. “I want to play basketball on a good team.â€

Graves paused before continuing and offering a smile.

“OK, really I want to be on this team with these guys and finish what we started. We’ve been through so much together, but playing our senior season together with a chance to be state champions with my best friends, that’s what I really want.â€

It’s like we’re five best friends,†Graves said of fellow rising seniors Tayon Gleaves, Workpeh Kofa, Deion Lane and Herbert Bowen, Jr. “That’s the hardest thing for me. Charlotte has been a great city, and that’s all good. But I have the opportunity to maybe win a state championship with my best friends, and that’s the one thing I always think about. Basketball is the main reason I want to stay. We were 2-23 and went to 24-6 last season. We’ve been through everything together, and I want to finish what we’ve started"

However, he also just happens to play AAU with players from CPA, so it makes perfect sense to me, since CPA is an AAU team in a school uniform.

2 questions: (1) is Coleman Spann coming back to CPA? I've heard conflicting rumors. Regardless of personal feelings/rivalries hope everything works out for him. (2) Heard now Braxton Bonds is leaving. Any truth to that rumor?

Easy come, easy go. New kid is coming in from FRA, probably others too that haven't been confirmed.

Coach prefers to make a winning team by bringing in talent, rather than developing students in the school, like most schools do.

Of course, then he shouldn't be surprised or disappointed when his talent isn't loyal, and leaves... it's not the way high school sports should be, in my opinion. And it just doesn't fit with the rest of the school.

2 questions: (1) is Coleman Spann coming back to CPA? I've heard conflicting rumors. Regardless of personal feelings/rivalries hope everything works out for him. (2) Heard now Braxton Bonds is leaving. Any truth to that rumor?

1.) I'm sure if the Spanns have enough money he can come right back in..........I mean bringing a gun to a school campus isn't a big deal.

2.) Braxton Bonds "leaving"........He isn't that good to begin with, and has been the biggest benefactor of the Maddux hype machine.

1.) I'm sure if the Spanns have enough money he can come right back in..........I mean bringing a gun to a school campus isn't a big deal.

2.) Braxton Bonds "leaving"........He isn't that good to begin with, and has been the biggest benefactor of the Maddux hype machine.

Finally, somebody gets it concerning CPA. Did you ever hear what the contents of the gun wielder's cooler were?

In any event, there is about to be a new King of the Mountain in that part of town as Brentwood Academy's restocking of the hoops cupboard has begun. Wait till you see who enrolls there this summer.

Bonds is playing in the team camps for CPA; Spann is not. That should be a good indication of their participation, or not, next year. Frankly, while I don't know how Bonds will hold up, physically, at the next level, he's a terrific high school player. Blackwell is the best player on that team, but Bonds is the MVP.

On BA, they will be much improved in year 1, and start competing for championships in year 2. Once he gets his players, new coach will have them right there with Ensworth.

Bonds is playing in the team camps for CPA; Spann is not. That should be a good indication of their participation, or not, next year. Frankly, while I don't know how Bonds will hold up, physically, at the next level, he's a terrific high school player. Blackwell is the best player on that team, but Bonds is the MVP.

On BA, they will be much improved in year 1, and start competing for championships in year 2. Once he gets his players, new coach will have them right there with Ensworth.

If you really believe this, then it really discredits your opinion. Bonds can't make an open jump shot..........and any decent high school PG would be a good player playing with Blackwell, Lindsey (the last 3 years), and Allsmiller who can shoot lights out.

If you really believe this, then it really discredits your opinion. Bonds can't make an open jump shot..........and any decent high school PG would be a good player playing with Blackwell, Lindsey (the last 3 years), and Allsmiller who can shoot lights out.

I also really believe this and I don't care about your opinion. CPA's success all hinges on their defense and ability to break games open in transition. Bonds makes that happen on defense and offense. He doesn't have to make an open jump shot, but I bet his shooting % is as good as almost any PG in the state. He knows his role, he makes both the defense and offense work, and he is very unselfish.

I also really believe this and I don't care about your opinion. CPA's success all hinges on their defense and ability to break games open in transition. Bonds makes that happen on defense and offense. He doesn't have to make an open jump shot, but I bet his shooting % is as good as almost any PG in the state. He knows his role, he makes both the defense and offense work, and he is very unselfish.

Hello Mrs. Bonds, your son is quite the player.

So some of you "basketball experts" are actually getting on this thread and trying to make a case that the starting point guard on a team that has dominated their class the last 2 years in TN. and won the last 2 state championships is not a good player. I suggest you walk away from the keyboard a while and watch some film of CPA's games. Focus on Bonds and you will see how much of their success is keyed to his leadership and basketball savvy.

Of course, he really doesn't care what you think. He has 2 rings and is in his way to a third.

So some of you "basketball experts" are actually getting on this thread and trying to make a case that the starting point guard on a team that has dominated their class the last 2 years in TN. and won the last 2 state championships is not a good player. I suggest you walk away from the keyboard a while and watch some film of CPA's games. Focus on Bonds and you will see how much of their success is keyed to his leadership and basketball savvy.

Of course, he really doesn't care what you think. He has 2 rings and is in his way to a third.

Settle down Drew. I've seen CPA play multiple times. There are a lot better point guards in Nashville and Memphis than Mr. Bonds. When you are playing with 2 top 30 players for their class and a great shooter in Allsmiller the last 2 seasons, you are going to look the part.

Corn Elder or Braxton Bonds?

Settle down Drew. I've seen CPA play multiple times. There are a lot better point guards in Nashville and Memphis than Mr. Bonds. When you are playing with 2 top 30 players for their class and a great shooter in Allsmiller the last 2 seasons, you are going to look the part.

Corn Elder or Braxton Bonds?

Maybe you should ask MTSU, LSU, Wichita State, William & Mary, Miami of Ohio, Harvard, and a few others what they think about Bonds' abiity. Or maybe you and DoyleHargravesConstruction are better evaluators of basketball talent. You must be in the wrong profession.

Maybe you should ask MTSU, LSU, Wichita State, William & Mary, Miami of Ohio, Harvard, and a few others what they think about Bonds' abiity. Or maybe you and DoyleHargravesConstruction are better evaluators of basketball talent. You must be in the wrong profession.

CPA homers are are venomous lot. Tell Drew ole Doyle says hey, he knows who I am and exactly what kind of talent evaluating I'm capable of doing.