Trousdale Co. Cowards

CougarPride3

You don't think Goodpastor backed away from competition when THEY CHOSE to move DOWN!!

Maybe you should re-evaluate that school...sounds like your against that kinda stuff. :popcorneater:

This was an admin decision not a softball thing. If you look at our schedule we play more AAA schools than AA and I am sure next year we will do the same. I didn't start this post and don't agree with the title of it, but since we are put in this district we have to play y'all, and if he don't wanna play us well he can't hide in the district tourney because you have to play us so good luck!!

Not disputing that its a small school but why not play better competition?? East Robertson is a very small 1A school but they will play anyone and it makes them better. Just don't understand the play you in this sport but no others??? Can you explain this??

First off we don't offer 26 different sports and have 56 coaches...but we do take Football serious...and will not back down from competition, as you can see from current and previous schedules and results.

2nd of all we ain't East Robertson who is in a county of 70000 people, with relatives all over the County, its easy enough for a student athlete to move in ...we are a county of 7000...we struggle to field quality little league teams in all sports, our little girls softball league (ages 8-12) had like 2 teams in it last year because of so few people county wide...do you understand now?

Edited by slimshady

Trousdale County should play all 8A opponents in all sports in which they participate, if Mr. Satterfield has made that call, then he has made a very poor and shortsighted decision in my opinion.

As for GeorgeBailey's comment about Jackson County and concession stands, no one in the Jackson County softball program has told you or any other school that they could not bring their own food.

Let the whining begin. By the way, you are right that no one from SOFTBALL told us not to bring our own food. But your football PA announcer certainly did. In fact your principal apologized for it. But your fans brought their own grill and set up their own concession stand at our field during the playoffs. Pretty childish if you ask me. All Goodpasture fans will hear from now on is how poor all these public schools are. I know there are several rich families in private schools. But I will never believe the private schools like GP or FC are dominated by the rich. And there is also no possibility you'll ever convince the publics of this point. In their minds if we win we must be cheating. You will soon learn why FC wanted out. The private schools all need to be competing with only other private schools, a point which will gain support from both sides of this argument. And Slim Shady will be the chief whiner- mark my words.

This was an admin decision not a softball thing. If you look at our schedule we play more AAA schools than AA and I am sure next year we will do the same. I didn't start this post and don't agree with the title of it, but since we are put in this district we have to play y'all, and if he don't wanna play us well he can't hide in the district tourney because you have to play us so good luck!!

I'd bet they forfeit the tournament too.

Let the whining begin. By the way, you are right that no one from SOFTBALL told us not to bring our own food. But your football PA announcer certainly did. In fact your principal apologized for it. But your fans brought their own grill and set up their own concession stand at our field during the playoffs. Pretty childish if you ask me. All Goodpasture fans will hear from now on is how poor all these public schools are. I know there are several rich families in private schools. But I will never believe the private schools like GP or FC are dominated by the rich. And there is also no possibility you'll ever convince the publics of this point. In their minds if we win we must be cheating. You will soon learn why FC wanted out. The private schools all need to be competing with only other private schools, a point which will gain support from both sides of this argument. And Slim Shady will be the chief whiner- mark my words.

Kudos to Red and uFCa for doing the right thing...they are officially off my cheaters list. :popcorneater:

Edited by slimshady

Not disputing that its a small school but why not play better competition?? East Robertson is a very small 1A school but they will play anyone and it makes them better. Just don't understand the play you in this sport but no others??? Can you explain this??

I agree with playing better competiion but do you honestly think Trousdale softball can stack up with Goodpasture? I coached travel ball for years and know players on both teams. The top players can go head to head but there is no comparison when you go to the 2, 3, 4, or 5th best players.

I'd bet they forfeit the tournament too.

We've done it before...makes people mad sometimes...sometimes they blog about it on internet high school forums. :popcorneater:

Do you think GP should have move down George? I'd bet Coach Martin didn't think so, probably one of the reasons he left.

Edited by slimshady

First off we don't offer 26 different sports and have 56 coaches...but we do take Football serious...and will not back down from competition, as you can see from current and previous schedules and results.

2nd of all we ain't East Robertson who is in a county of 70000 people, with relatives all over the County, its easy enough for a student athlete to move in ...we are a county of 7000...we struggle to field quality little league teams in all sports, our little girls softball league (ages 8-12) had like 2 teams in it last year because of so few people county wide...do you understand now?

Do you field a softball team and have a softball coach??? If so play better competition it will make you better. East Robertson also had two other high schools in the county they have to lose student athletes too. Oh and the answer to your question why I don't reevaluate this school because I chose Goodpasture for the academics and the fact I want my kids to be able to pray in school without being disciplined. Its been a great school for my children. Anyhow good luck to Trousdale Co whatever y'all decide

We've done it before...makes people mad sometimes...sometimes they blog about it on internet high school forums. :popcorneater:

Do you think GP should have move down George? I'd bet Coach Martin didn't think so, probably one of the reasons he left.

I don't think it was widely supported by the GP folks. I don't have a perspective on their decision. It could have had something to do with the coaching change or recovery from issues they were dealing with. I hate to make a judgement call without all the facts. On the surface I really wondered if it was the right thing to do.

Edited by GeorgeBailey

Do you field a softball team and have a softball coach??? If so play better competition it will make you better. East Robertson also had two other high schools in the county they have to lose student athletes too. Oh and the answer to your question why I don't reevaluate this school because I chose Goodpasture for the academics and the fact I want my kids to be able to pray in school without being disciplined. Its been a great school for my children. Anyhow good luck to Trousdale Co whatever y'all decide

Right... what is it 16000 a year for 2 kids...my kids can pray when they get home...as far as academics TC is rank VERY high in the state and has won numerous academic achievement awards in the last several years...

YOURS AND 90% of all other parents chose that school because of the Athletics...i personally know two families with kids @ GP...who are there because the parents had issues with coaches at there public schools...i do not blame any parent or kid for wanting to put there kid in an environment where they will have better coaching and better exposure to college recruiting...i blame T$$AA for letting them compete for championships with publics and for calling themselves christian schools when in fact they are just sports academies...and the GP administration for "playing down".

:popcorneater:

I agree with playing better competiion but do you honestly think Trousdale softball can stack up with Goodpasture? I coached travel ball for years and know players on both teams. The top players can go head to head but there is no comparison when you go to the 2, 3, 4, or 5th best players.

I just wish you could of came to our first practices at the beginning of last year and this year and you would of said no way this team wins the district much less gets to state. I love each and every girl on this team but we drop way off after our first 5 just like other teams but because those young girls who actually I promise couldnt catch a routine fly ball or hit a cut off played good competition they get better and it helps later in the season. I also coach travel ball for a very well known team here in TN. So I get the differce between the schools but play the teams in your district regardless who knows David may slay that Giant and what a feeling that would be!!
  • Upvote 1