district tourneys

active8

Apparently there was more drama in the Central dugout last night too as their senior star shortstop did not play after the 4th inning against East Ham. This after proclaiming to be drama free in a TFP article last week. Ahsame for the senior girls on this team as the last two years they should have been playing much deeper into post season.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region I District II results Bracket 1 Morristown East 8 South Doyle 4 (South Doyle eliminated) Bracket 1 Championship Seymour 10 Morristown East 0 (Morristown East eliminated)

Bracket 2 Championship Jefferson County 6 Cherokee 0 (Cherokee eliminated)

Region 1 District Ii Championship tonight at 6:00 @ Seymour: Seymour vs Jefferson County

Seems to be a yearly thing with Central. I should have picked my yearly darkhorse in that district, EH. After making it to the state they wouldn't have been considered an underdog then they started out slowly, now getting it done at the right time.

So I am pretty sure that means Beech is done for the year. As a coach, parent and dear friend of the player removed from Beech, I couldn't be more glad Mt. Juliet winning. Not only was this player removed from the team is was worthy of a state newspaper article? Really? players quit, get kicked off teams all the time and doesnt make the daily news. Watching Beech warm up at Franklin Sonic tournament, at times I thought I was watching something from a military institution. With how the players warmed up, with count cadences, etc. No one wants to win more than I do, but when you take the fun out of the game what have you really won?

So I am pretty sure that means Beech is done for the year. As a coach, parent and dear friend of the player removed from Beech, I couldn't be more glad Mt. Juliet winning. Not only was this player removed from the team is was worthy of a state newspaper article? Really? players quit, get kicked off teams all the time and doesnt make the daily news. Watching Beech warm up at Franklin Sonic tournament, at times I thought I was watching something from a military institution. With how the players warmed up, with count cadences, etc. No one wants to win more than I do, but when you take the fun out of the game what have you really won?

CJ McClain is not some average, run-of-the-mill softball player; she's an immensely talented player who committed to a big program before she was even in high school. News of a big-name player like her being removed from the team would've gotten out eventually, Tennessean article or not.