Guest BballFreak

Guest BballFreak

Well the pre rankings are out for single A

1.University High

2.Cloudland

3.North Greene

4.Unaka

5.Clinch

HaHa this is a joke. Where have you all been in the same room you voted in this morning thinking about next years teams. Cause you sure wasnt watching these teams play.

Yeah UH has the big man, and cloudland has Byrd, but when it comes to winning and heart, youll never find another team better than the Rangers. 5 nothin and still fight till the death every time they step on the hardwood.

I believe in the end it will be ...

Unaka,Cloudland,University High,North Greene, and Clinch.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"wow" is about all i can say to that. i never make predictions about outcomes of games or seasons,- i've stated that many times,- but i do find these rankings hard to believe. not because i think unaka is a cinch for numero uno,- i think this campaign will be hotly contested. but nestled all warm and cozy right in between the huskies and clinch? come on now. but hey that's fine. i'm sure that things like this can and will serve as motivation for our youthful squad. i hope they see this.

by the way, whose rankings were these? just curious. i mean i was kind of wondering if they actually watch (or even like) basketball or if this was more of a pick-five, lotto style pick. appreciate any help on this i can get. like i said, just curious. wow.

Just the motivation that our young team needs. Let's see, conference champions the last five seasons," co-champs last year, it becomes habit playing Hancock every year in the Regional finals, substate loss to Alcoa 2 years ago, last season trip to the state tournament. Let me say this to each one. There is a big difference playing the likes of Austin East, Greeneville, Johnson Co., Tennessee Temple, games in the Bahamas against top high schools in that country, Sullivan Central, East, Knoxville Bearden and others than playing some of the lesser schools in this area. Compare the schedules of Cloudland, University High and North Greene. This is no cupcake schedule that Unaka plays. In some ways I see this team as good as lasts years. They are super quick and play more as a team. They are always well-coached which I think sometimes seperates them from the pack. I won't go out on the limb and make a prediction but I promise you that the one you see listed above will not happen. When you live in the gym, players and teams get better. Why do I think UH won't win it. "DISCIPLINE"

help me out here, folks. i don't think anyone wants to see our thread slip helplessly to the obscurity of the second page. how disgraceful. work with me here. therefore, i am hereby rescuing it and i trust that tdog, blaize, et. al. will keep it up there where it belongs from now until tip-off (and of course i'll have a few things to say, too, especially when provoked). so lets see if we can accomplish this.

as for blaize's predictions, i would have to say this: how truly altruistic. cloudland wins district and unaka wins region, both go to state to be eliminated simultaneously? oh i see, so we can all be winners. maybe we could ride down there together? split the cost. how nice. well if were gonna make a prediction i would have to forecast that ultimately someone's gotta win and someone's gotta lose,-and since we are bitter enemies, never pulling for one another until someone is at the house,- let's just go ahead and get ready to rumble right now.........i love a good argument and i'm tired of the delay......so think and say what you want and lets get started right now. i'm tired of everyone acting like we're all in this thing together. if the rangers ever start to care about anyone besides the rangers i'll find someone else to follow. my point is this: when one team is eliminated and the other is still playing, then lets support one another like feuding brothers. in the mean time, please just hate us. it makes things so much easier and much more fun. in other words, i doubt that the administration wants you to announce any games or anything like that,- you are a lander! besides, i doubt that they view announcing as a priority. and oh yeah, if you see rolltide, tell him to get a pot of coffee and get his butt back on here, this silent crap has went on long enough.

good luck to cloudland in the pigskin playoffs, though. read my post carefully and you'll find that i don't contradict myself here.

Guest cutnoslack

you keep counting university high out but we can represent several of my boys played at carver and we are ready to make some noise u can write how we are going to destroy you landers u guys are not that good and lost your 3 good players denton and jones unaka has the dude chambers who can do some serious balling he took everybody to the house at carver brandon will deal with all you u with some high flying dunkers i think unaka might be best

unaka

univ high

north greene

cloudland

this is basketball not football

O.K. hablo I will help you keep it going. I agree first with Blaize in the fact that it will most likely come down between the Rangers and 'Landers. Secondly I agree with tdog that U.H. will find some way to self destruct in the big game because of a lack of discipline. It has developed into a pattern for them. All in all it should be a very entertaining and competitive season in the W.V.C.

Hey hablo, great post, I wake up sometimes in my sleep and hear those dreaded words, "Highlanders are going to win, 1st time since 199?, dang I thought they were going to shoot off fireworks in the gym last year. But it turned out to be a blessing for us because that was the key game that turned our season around and off to the Boro we went. We have no friends at Unaka, lets not kid oursleves. We could play a out-of-state team with Charles Manson as coach and they still would not pull for us. I vision Bulldog & Highlander fans standing and cheering the team from South Carolina last year when we played them in the finals of the Hampton Christmas tourney. There is a reason for this. As Arthea Franklin sang the song "RESPECT" You know what it means to me, "It means teams love to see us get our tail kicked because we win" bottom line. Our kids have pride and heart the key ingredients needed when trying to build a championship team. And I will say this, "this current team is 25 points better than the one that took the floor at Milligan College this summer. Local teams love to see us get beat. As for you and I hablo, we know that we bleed maroon and maroon only. Ole Blaize is a good guy and he is truly going to be one heck of a sportswriter. He already has obtained that status. But he does bleed blue and gold and and those colors just don't cut it on the creek. We should make sure he gets free drinks and food when he covers our games because we all know that our concession prices can be rather high, or well tdog stirs up another hornets nest. Announcers, concessions, or well what's next.

[Edited by coachtdog on 11-6-02 11:28P]

The truth is that it's a sad day when your school board members, teachers as well as other county officials pulls against a hometown team for some team they don't even know. Maybe Unaka did cheer for the other team, but perhaps they felt compelled to do this because of the previous circumstances surrounding their game.

I don't know why we are talking about this again but there were not previous circumstances because Hampton and Happy Valley played that team before Unaka did. They were cheering for them before they even played against them, but this is all water under the bridge and should not be brought back up repeatedly.

Now I don't recall the Ranger fans doing much cheering for the South Carolina team because you all played late, the last game that evening. Most of our fans probably left because they had already seen what they came for. Don't get all upset luvsbball over all this, ole twinetickler loves to poke shots at the Tdog and the maroon himself. But deep down he would love to be a Ranger "again". As for the Bulldogs I would love to see the Dogs do well this season because I admire Coach Hazelwood and his knowlege about the game. I am so glad he got his shot to coach and I think that he will be successful in due time. And as for Blaize, you will get free food even if I have to take you to the Burger Hut after the game. "I'm buying." "Heck I couldn't hear you for my best buddy Cobby last year at the Highlander den. I hope Robbie plays, he is a good kid with tremendous athletic ability. "Help Hablo, Help, I am about to blow a gasket and it's only early November.

"A good mark to Dept. Dog, it is all in fun." I realize the kids were just having a good time last year, and as for myself, I took is as a compliment and thought of it as rather funny. "I do take offense though of a 25 year old man sticking both middle fingers up out of the stands and I made it a point to tell him. Hampton fans are great, just like those at Unaka and Cloudland. That is what makes basketball in Carter Co. so exciting.

[Edited by coachtdog on 11-7-02 8:22A]

Guest cutnoslack

you the man tdog your post go deep man you need to write a book on basketball i dont even live in carter county but i luv to see you all go at each other just dont overlook my boy bradley at UH he can deal with the best of em