Coaching in Clarksville

bigdog64

I am intrigued by this area and was curious as to what the concensus was about the football, and the coaching in the Clarksville area. I know that Kenwood will have a new coach on the sidelines this upcoming Fall. Is there anyone else? I am not one to start rumors but on another thread West Creek was mentioned as another school that will have a new coach...Does anyone know much about that or any other news coming out of Clarksville?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be the issue at West Creek? If there is an issue there is it the same at other Clarksville area high schools? Does anyone know for sure if Offutt is out or close to being out or is that just a rumor? I can't imagine that 0-10 does a lot for confidence...but is that something that is out of the coach's hands?

I'm a transplant from PA and was brought to Clarksville 12 years ago with the army. After retiring I moved to the south side of town to position my son in a different school. Notice I said different not better. West Creek HS is a new and great school. Being new it has very little support from alumni and booster types. Also it gets a lot of transient students that come and go with the military. It has a lot of potential, but it is still trying to establish an identity and foundation to build upon. I believe they already have the best ROTC program in the city. That should give all the other programs hope.

Lots of talent at most of the schools. Most of the schools just need consistency as far a coaching is concerned. Not having middle school football hurts, but if schools would embrace and work with JR. Pro coaches I believe things would improve in that department. Its true middle school football would improve things because there are athletes in the city.

Clarksville schools don't care about athletics. Sports stay and will continue to stay on the back burner. They don't pay coaches well enough. They don't have a field house for each school. There isn't any stability with kids staying at a school all 4 years. They don't have a true middle school program set up. Sure they have athletes but all big cities have athletes so no need saying that anymore. They will never win more than 2 playoff games in a season because they eventually run into a school with better coaching and more $ spent on the program.

Ken wood...new coach, lost best player. West creek...2nd year coach, athletes. Northwest...2nd year coach, few athletes. Rossview...3rd year coach, getting better. Clarksville...2nd year coach, some talent. Northeast...3rd year coach, has been best in county, will be challenged this year by clarksville and Rossview. Graduation hit hard. Montgomery central...2nd year coach, limited talent, but getting better. As you can see..there is very little coaching consistentcy, but there are some good coaches in the city.

So West Creek has athletes? 0-10 and 1-9 the past two seasons makes you wonder. If a program truly has "athletes" then you could surely stumble your way into a few wins...My thoughts are that the cupboard is bare OR they aren't being coached well...and at schools like that you can often see that the better players sometimes don't come out for whatever reason. I don't know the coaches there and won't speculate on how they are doing but the numbers are speaking a grim story. On another thread it was mentioned that there would be a coaching change but no details were given. It looks like no one has come forth with any more info so I'm leaning towards that being a rumor unless someone has info indicating the contrary. It doesn't look like the coaches stay long in the system to say the least.