NEW! MEAN JEAN'S TREMENDOUS TEN!

meanjean

The following is a production of Mean Jean Incorporated. Any and all parts of this writing may not be reproduced without the expressed written consent of Mean Jean Davenport.

The following is Mean Jean Dumont's Tremendous Ten Teams in the State of Tennessee, regardless of classification. Mr. Mean would like to thank his various myriad of sources and cohorts for their indepth and detailed reports which have allowed him to produce the most accurate and detailed undertaking of this kind. And now, my friend and yours... Mean Jean Dewberry!

Mean Jean: "Friends, it has been too long! Why have you not written? Why have you not called? Why have you not invited me out to lunch or dinner like my good friend Stan Trott did last week? Myself, Stan & Coach T had a wonderful time while dining in a rather affluent section of Nashville. I bought the most expensive thing on the menu, since Stan was buying! So please, let's do lunch!

Now then, it is true that I, Mean Jean Dudley, am about to announce the most tremendous ten teams in the state of Tennessee! I know you await this moment and I welcome your praise afterwards. If you are going to moan, groan, gripe and complain, go and find Queen Bee, she handles miscreants better than anyone I know!

So without continued delay, the Mean Jean Dinwiddie Ten Most Tremendous Teams in Tennessee!"

#10:Gallatin

This is the Green Wave that the folks in Sumner County either love.. or hate! But either way, they notice them. Gallatin wins with a stifling defense and a power game that would make Wodddy Hayes roll over in his grave and choke someone from Hendersonville! Plus, who couldn't like those uniforms?

#9: The Akademy of Brentwood

I remember attending a game at the Akademy one time and the fans seemed ok, although one did tell me that he would buy and sell me 42,000 times! I asked him to please price me by the pound if he was serious and he flipped me off which goes to show that the folks at The Akademy of Brentwood are just like the rest of us, easily irritated by a large, bulbous boil that situates itself in hard to reach places! With Lester Flatt back at the helm, you know that it's just another season or two before this is the team that you truly love to root against!

#8: Jackson Central-Mercy

The Central Mercy System has returned to the granduer of days of old in rolling to an undefeated season thus far. CMS was at one time recognized as the top program in the cotton fields of West Tennessee. Their continued success almost guarantees them a return to that former level. They finish up Friday with Cordova so anyone coming from Shelby County, please drop some Dyer's Hamburgers off at the Hobby Lobby in Jackson.

#7:Crockett County

I believe in this team. Got a fine coach and a Mr. Football running back plus they are named after Sonny Crockett from Miami Vice. I wonder what ever happened to Crockett & Tubbs? At one time they were the toast of the television set and then before you know it, they had vanished, like a Drug Czar indicted by the DEA? Well, at least Sonny got a school named after him, unlike poor Tubbs, who is named after the thing I soak my corns in.

#6: Trousdale County

Harper.. Satterfield... Satterfield... Harper... Two names synonomous with Trousdale County football. Have they got more of these guys in the pumpkin patch? As long as there is football, there's always gonna be success in tiny Hartsville!

#5: Ezell Hardheart Academy

They throw more passes than Bill Clinton on the hootch! How can you defend a team that has more receivers than a Bell South showroom? Don't get on me for ranking a Class A team this high... Ezell will turn their Hard Heart on you!

#4: Chattanoogie Tyner Magnetic Academy School

This is the modern day version of the Chattanoogie Choo Choo. Loaded with steam engine lineman and Amtrak backs, this team is the read deal Dick Schofield! This will be the year that Chattanoogie hosts the Class AA State Champions with a ceremony at Rock City!

#3: Germantown

I have almost 11 years of public education, including some study of Civics and History but never in all my educational processes did I read where Tennessee alotted a town for the Germans? This is pretty sneaky, if you know what I mean? The Germans have always proved to be formidable foes and you mix and mingle them with some Shelby County barbecue and the results coule be disastrous!

#2: Hillsboro

If anybody has a fullback built like Hillsboro, then you found Calvin Bryant's seperated twin. Strong, fast, well coached, rugged and tough and with a great kicking game.. this team would almost be a lock for a state title in Class 4-A except.... (See Below)

#1: Maryville

Mean Jean Douglas has been the one prognosticator who has consistently told you that this is the best team in Tennessee since day one! Earl Moore or Sonny Nall might not agree but Mean Jean says yes.. Plus, the fans are rabid, witty, sarcastic and demented! They know what it means to be a Rebel and are dang proud of it, but unlike the sardonic James Dean, these Rebels have a Cause!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Mr. Greenjeans...oopppss! I mean Jeans...ummm. yeah, anyway,

I appologize for not writing sooner, but also, then again it is now and not later so,...and I've been sick. (anyone understand that??) therefore no messages, notes, blueberry pies etc., etc...

:D:(

I do like your #1 although tough challenges are ahead.

Nice post! Great Work!

Map

it is always an exciting moment when i see that the fabulous mean jean metcalf has graced the board with yet another insightful post. as usual you and your statewide network of scouts have produced the most comprehensively accurate analysis of tennessee high school football ever to grace the net.

HOWEVER, i cannot see how any listing of top powers can omit the mightly culleoka fightin possums. led by bubba "four feet" avery, the grandson of the immortal "big eyes" avery, the possum offense is so potent they have yet to punt this season. "four foot", with feet pointing both forwards and backwards from each ankle and reversable knees, is able to change directions 180 degrees without breaking stride, making him doubtless the most elusive back in tennessee history.so please mr jean, have your scouts come on across the rr tracks and watch them possums play; so they can get the credit they deserve.