TYNER vs. BAYLOR

plato

Read the post. I said 20 years. But that's not the point. The point is that every year Baylor is supposed to have "the team". they start out with a bang and end up seeded 6th and 6-4 or 5-5. Yes, they lost some guys but they have better ones replacing them. Exception: Idellete!

Will Tyner win. Yes! But Baylor's D will give them some trouble. Baylor's offense poses no threat to the speed of Tyner's defense.

This is yet another thrilling interclass matchup that should prove to be very exciting. Tyner is one of the best teams in 2A, and their athleticism allowed them to top McCallie (19-14) in Game 1...but a lot has changed since then, and that makes this one hard to predict. The Rams have not scored less than 34 points since week 2, but they haven't played anybody in the process. Still, they have been proclaimed the best team in Chattanooga, and I expect them to take advantage of Baylor's losing streak and continue it, using their athleticism to pull away in the 4th Quarter. It will be really close until then, when Tyner will win.

Prediction: Tyner 28, Baylor 17

Plato=you are right; you did say 20, not 50. I disagree with your assertion that every year Baylor is supposed to be the team. I think preseason polls ahd them 5th in the Division this year, which is apparently about right.Thisa is not suprising in light of their inexperience at most of the the skill posittions. I may be wrong, but I think center and one tackle were the only starting OL from last year so I don't think they were the team to beat. That was clearly BA.

[Edited by AGGSL on 11-1-02 10:42A]

I don't know if it is Baylor's inexperience at skills position that gets them beat as much as the coach's not adjusting to what the opponent does. There isn't much you can do if a team is better than you but at least put the players in a position to succeed.

How will Baylor defend Tyner?

It will be difficult as I hear Tyner is much faster and bigger, a tough combonation to overcome. My uneducated guess is that Baylor needs to control the ball offensively to defend Tyner.

You obviously know far more than I do about the teams and I finf your comments interesting. Do you think players are playing the in wrong positions? Do you mean wrong schemes or wrong persons at the wrong positions?

[Edited by AGGSL on 11-1-02 11:05A]

Baylor may have their best team in twenty years but there is no way they beat Tyner tonight. Every year Baylor is hyped up but this year they aren't too bad. I showed up at the Baylor-McCallie game and much to my surprise I found that Baylor had a defense. They have never had a defense before, yet they were able to handle McCallie defensively in the first half. They aren't too far away from being contenders in the Super Seven, but this year they are just overmatched.