Cheatham Head Coaching slot will soon be open

The Cubs had a special group in '12. We got to witness them up close when our Indians made the trip to CHeatham. I don't care who the coach is, they will be hard pressed to match those numbers again in any year. We will not get to see up close this season since they were moved to another district.

Or in the case of last fall........45 (the number of points per game the Cubs averaged in 2012)

The Cubs had a special group in '12. We got to witness them up close when our Indians made the trip to CHeatham. I don't care who the coach is, they will be hard pressed to match those numbers again in any year. We will not get to see up close this season since they were moved to another district.

Oh there is a scrimmage scheduled for the first Friday in the fall between the Cubs and the Indians.

I think this community would rally around and support Michael Jackson. He is who the players and parents deserve to have as a coach. Go Cubs!

It doesn't seem to matter what the community wants, just a select 9 individuals. What a mess out there. I feel kinda bad for the players and parents. Take the politics out of it and just let the principal make THEIR hire. Besides it's just a extracurricular activity. Can't imagine why administrators would be interested in what amounts to a club. BTW, two parents?? What about the rest of them?

In all seriousness what is the problem at CC? This once looked like a good job but now I think any coach should be worried. Howdoitknow what are the pros and cons of taking this job.

Pro: you get to coach hard working kids who will lay in on the line for you and you get loyal people who'll support you

Con: limited assistant coaching slots (2) and no time to get to establish a relationship with players for any "outsider" who wants to take it

They were a special bunch of young men. I had them for 6-7 years during pee-wee ball and watched them "ALL" stick together through middle school all the way through this their senior year 2012. Cant say i won't my eyes will be dry this friday during graduation. BUT i have to say this for the upcoming seniors and juniors. They have the potential to be a front runner next season for a division title. Now all this being said......the school board, 5 people?, have a freaking grudge against the CUBS and why i have no freaking idea. I will say this......Coach Jackson is the BEST man for the job. It's his offensive and he could have coach Hatley which we run his D. So big question is.....CAN DR. CURTIS BE A MAN, OWN UP TO HIS MISTAKES AND OFFER NOT ONLY THE JOB TO COACH JACKSON BUT AN APOLOGY AS WELL?

Thanks,Lost a good coach and man. Hope a good guy replaces him. Hate seeing things like this for kids. That should be what it is all about. Best wishes to new coach and football program.

Jack is a great guy, but he saw first hand what we've been dealing with for over 5+ years now and it's only getting worse. I just hope that coach Jackson is offered the job now as how the committee voted.

This is a post by one of the committee members that was present for the head coach interview/review panel......

Nothing fires me up more and takes my mind off of other things is our Cubs Football Team. I have been fighting for our kids and for our team for years, especially since our beloved Coach Cody Finley left for Stewart County.

Dr. Stan Curtis asked me, and several others to participate in what can be classified as no less of a "dog and pony show" of an "interview/review panel to "evaluate" 3 TOP CANDIDATES for our Cubs Head Coach position. Now, in this panel, we were NOT ALLOWED to ASK QUESTIONS of the candidates, nor were we allowed to TALK AMONGST OURSELVES to come to a consensus on who was/is the most qualified to lead our Cubs into continued success. Each of us who participated in this "review panel" were given a copy of a questionnaire that the candidates had to verbally respond to in the conference room at the Cheatham County Board of Education's office. We were then asked to "rate" the candidates from 1-3 on our choices. Those candidates were as follows:

Eric Hatley, Michael Jackson, Jack Jakobik

My votes were as follows: #1, Eric Hatley - #2, Michael Jackson - #3, Jack Jakobik.

My reasoning was that our boys know Coach Hatley and Coach Jackson and in my opinion, having this dynamic duo leading our team TOGETHER was/IS in our team's BEST INTEREST. Dr. Curtis chose to hire HIS CHOICE. NOT OURS. If you think we didn't discuss the candidates AFTER the panel was through, you've got another thing coming.

No offense to Coach Jakobik. He is a super nice guy, but he comes from a very wealthy area and a school where athletics are actually valued, UNLIKE here, in Good 'Ole CHEAT-EM County. Dr. Curtis and certain members of the CHEAT-EM County School Board DO NOT CARE about YOUR opinion, MY opinion, the PARENT'S opinion, the STUDENT'S opinion, the COMMUNITY'S opinion, the TEACHER'S opinion and now here we sit, mid-Spring Training, Two Scrimmage games behind and only weeks away from the start of the season WITHOUT A HEAD FOOTBALL COACH!!!!

Listen up! You DON'T let a coach like Cody Finley WALK AWAY WITHOUT A FIGHT! He was COACH OF THE YEAR!!! He took our Cubs to an UNDEFEATED SEASON!!! WHAT THE heck IS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!! And here we sit.....AGAIN, WITHOUT A COACH!!!! This is YOUR fault Dr. Curtis!!!! You have unfortunately proven my initial opinion of you correct. You are NOT FIT to be the Director of Schools in OUR COMMUNITY! It is time for a change in the school board. Dianne Proffitt and Michelle Collins HAVE TO GO! Stay tuned for more information on THAT!

I spoke with Cindy Marshall today, who is Dr. Curtis' assistant. She advised me they are going to POST THIS POSITION IMMEDIATELY. ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME???????? We have two other candidates that were considered TOP candidates. Eric Hatley and Michael Jackson. Get on the the friggin phone, and BEG, PLEAD and DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET THEM AS OUR HEAD COACH!!!!

MAMA BEAR'S CLAWS ARE OUT! THESE ARE MY CUBS! Stand with me and fight for our boys!

Edited by coachcraig

and our head coach/oc is now at Stewart Co.

Coach Finley was the DC last year (Coach Jackson has been OC the last 6 years). Prior to having to be the DC this past fall (due to lack of coaches) it was Coach Hatley 2009-2011. Coach Randolph was DC in 2007-2008. Coach Finley was the OC for many years as both an assistant and a head coach. Coach Jackson has held the title of OC since 2007.