Cheatham Head Coaching slot will soon be open

Waiting until the next election is simply not good enough ks. The seniors at all 3 high schools have been subjected to this crap for 3 years now. Do we not owe it to them to at least try and give them one decent year in their high school experience? Do we just stand down while these 3 tyrants destroy the system(if getting worse is even possible) or do we do everything in our power to get rid of them NOW? I understand your point about personal attacks, but how many people have had their careers or child's education personally attacked and sabotaged by these scoundrels? People are frustrated, angry, and are at the boiling point now. Simply walking away and turning the other cheek will not work with these folks. That is what they want you to do, and as usual it will be the kids who suffer. When I go back to my hometown I know I can go to the school from which I graduated many moons ago and STILL see some of the most influential people in my development. Will anyone who attended Cheatham County Schools have that opportunity ever again? What about the kids at Cheatham who play football? How do you think they feel right about now? What if you were going into your senior year coming off an undefeated season and this is the hand you were dealt? Would you want your parents and the people in the community to wait until the next election or do something NOW? I am skeptical, but I really hope there is a huge turnout on Monday night. The kids in this county at least deserve that.

Thank you Mumble. Very good statement.

As all of you probably know, my son and 13 other seniors graduated May 24th. You cannot understand the feeling of relief that my child got to finish his highschool football career with Cody Finley at the helm. I think of the other graduated seniors this year as sons, most of which I've known since they were knee high to a grasshopper, except Bose. He was 6' tall at birth. The best season this county has ever seen in any of the 3 high schools and look at it now. You have DOS and the BOE board members to thank for this mess. I have strong ties with the upcoming seniors, juniors and sophomores. I've had several of them over at the house making highlight films to possibly get a good chance at earning an athletic scholarship. Take a look at their talent http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U and you'll see for your self that this 2013 team has the potential for a very strong run at district 9-AA title run. BUT...the powers that be have tried to make sure these young men fail. And that's the real shame here. These boys are like sons to me and I for one will be there Monday night and hope that the entire team will be too to demand Coach Jackson be named Head Coach of the CUBS!!!

Edited by coachcraig

I for one will be there Monday night and hope that the entire team will be too to demand Coach Jackson be named Head Coach of the CUBS!!!

They have blackballed him intentionally. They have since tried to hire anyone to avoid giving him the job. I believe I also heard a rumor that he was no longer AD at the school thanks to the idiot D.O.S. They hired a guy in Jakobik who had no business being the coach, he resigned once he saw what he'd gotten into, they tried to hire Hatley who was smart enough to tell them no thanks, then they tried to hire Beaubian who dropped out of the race the first time it was open to take the coaching job at Kenwood. He told them he had a job. They won't hire Michael Jackson because of his relationship to Cody Finley. Why? If you saw the news on Friday it was told by Chris Dawson. They don't want people who have an opinion. They want a bunch of scared puppets that they can bully.

They have blackballed him intentionally. They have since tried to hire anyone to avoid giving him the job. I believe I also heard a rumor that he was no longer AD at the school thanks to the idiot D.O.S. They hired a guy in Jakobik who had no business being the coach, he resigned once he saw what he'd gotten into, they tried to hire Hatley who was smart enough to tell them no thanks, then they tried to hire Beaubian who dropped out of the race the first time it was open to take the coaching job at Kenwood. He told them he had a job. They won't hire Michael Jackson because of his relationship to Cody Finley. Why? If you saw the news on Friday it was told by Chris Dawson. They don't want people who have an opinion. They want a bunch of scared puppets that they can bully.

You're correct all they want are puppets. But I'm hoping that there will be a ton of support for the kids of CC and that it will force triangle of ill will to resign. They have no shame, but with the TEA and News channels there Monday night it might make them bow out.

Edited by coachcraig

Visiting CC twice last year, I'd have never guessed this mess was going on. What I saw there was a proud football team who played hard for great coaches. I saw fans who were hosts with the upmost class.. Great concessions and overall experience! I applaud the good people of CC for shining on Friday nights, even with this mess you have been dealt regarding your administration.

Visiting CC twice last year, I'd have never guessed this mess was going on. What I saw there was a proud football team who played hard for great coaches. I saw fans who were hosts with the upmost class.. Great concessions and overall experience! I applaud the good people of CC for shining on Friday nights, even with this mess you have been dealt regarding your administration.

Thank Jacket. That means alot to us.

Those were awesome games and atmospheres! I know both teams and fan bases have a great deal of respect for each other. That is what high school sports are supposed to be all about. If we had board members and a director who didn't have a "little man complex" the athletic success of last year could have been used to build support for the school system and get the whole community moving in the same positive direction. Instead, you have a select few individuals in a position of authority who viewed the situation as a threat to their own power, fearing that the community may become involved and strong enough to stand up to their ridiculous whims. It is a testament to the people of Ashland City and the many coaches and volunteers such as CoachCraig that you never had any idea what was going on behind the scenes. Why? Because unlike the BOE and Director these people cared more about the kids and their experiences than themselves. This whole thing makes we want to vomit. The more I think about it the angrier I become. See you tomorrow night!

Those were awesome games and atmospheres! I know both teams and fan bases have a great deal of respect for each other. That is what high school sports are supposed to be all about. If we had board members and a director who didn't have a "little man complex" the athletic success of last year could have been used to build support for the school system and get the whole community moving in the same positive direction. Instead, you have a select few individuals in a position of authority who viewed the situation as a threat to their own power, fearing that the community may become involved and strong enough to stand up to their ridiculous whims. It is a testament to the people of Ashland City and the many coaches and volunteers such as CoachCraig that you never had any idea what was going on behind the scenes. Why? Because unlike the BOE and Director these people cared more about the kids and their experiences than themselves. This whole thing makes we want to vomit. The more I think about it the angrier I become. See you tomorrow night!

+

I don't know much about the politics in the county, but from a team standpoint I believe CC won't be near as mean and as physical as we saw last year. CC had a team of giants if I recall there game with Fairview. What I have heard that is not the case anymore. Coach Jackson I'm sure (if he is head coach) will continue to teach what brought CC to the dance and that's their unreal running offensive and hit you in the mouth lineman.