White House vs CAK

Bump11

I was at the game and I saw what Mack6 describes. He was called for a foul and threw the ball in disgust and got the yellow and then the ref went to the sideline and pulled the red, no second yellow shown. I wasn't completly sure that it wasn't on CPA's coach, but he never left the sidelines.

let me clear it up BigG and bump11. when I said it was a straight red, I was meaning the second time. Yes, he got a yellow, and then a straight red. it was NOT 2 yellows. (my source read the report) also.......................................... bigG, I believe you are incorrect. if he would have been given a 2nd yellow, he would be allowed to play in the championship. Cak should still be fine. they had to do this last year also because of Creel's red card:)

I wasn't there, so you have a better understanding of the events.

Talking with fellow coaches around the state, they all said that you still serve a one game suspension on a soft red, as well. I think no matter if it were a soft or hard, I think he was out. We could be wrong, of course... They have changed the soft red rule, so it gets confusing. MVM might know better being a ref.

The TSSAA rule makes no distinction between a straight red and two yellows. All the TSSAA cares about was how the player got ejected. Additionally, there is a caveat for the type of foul / offense that occurs that results in the ejection.

"On the ejection of the student-athlete, the school will be required to submit a report on the action of the player and any disciplinary action taken by the school. The minimum penalty will be as follows:

Soccer – 2 Game Suspension except for the following offenses which shall result in a 1 Game

Suspension:

a. A player anywhere on the field (other than a goalkeeper within his/her own penalty area)

who deliberately handles a ball to prevent it from going into the goal.

b. A foul by a player against an opponent who is moving toward his/her offensive goal with

an obvious opportunity to score."

In other words, the "professional foul" to save a goal is the only ejection that does NOT result in a 2 game suspension. All others are 2 games. All TSSAA cares about is HOW the player got kicked out of the game.

A second yellow for dissent is worse than a straight red to deny a goal, in the eyes of the TSSAA.

Edited by DeanDome

...was called for a foul and threw the ball in disgust...

What a shame!! With sportsmanship like this (disrespecting an official), he doesn't deserve to play (whether yellow-yellow, yellow-red, straight red, etc.). How can a player let his team down two years in a row in games of significant importance?

Welcome to college soccer this fall, look forward to seeing how he fares.

let me clear it up BigG and bump11. when I said it was a straight red, I was meaning the second time. Yes, he got a yellow, and then a straight red. it was NOT 2 yellows. (my source read the report) also.......................................... bigG, I believe you are incorrect. if he would have been given a 2nd yellow, he would be allowed to play in the championship. Cak should still be fine. they had to do this last year also because of Creel's red card:)

No, he still would NOT be playing friday. I am a ref. if a player is shown red, whether it be straight red or 2 yellows, that player is SUSPENDED from play. 2 yellows = SOFT red which = a ONE game suspension. No matter what the yellows are for. Straight red = HARD red which = a TWO game suspension. No matter what the straight red is for. Regardless of how a player gets a red card, he or she does NOT play in the teams next game. (Next 2 with hard red). And with the teams next game being the state finals, regardless of how he got the red, Creel will not and would not play today under any circumstances

No, he still would NOT be playing friday. I am a ref. if a player is shown red, whether it be straight red or 2 yellows, that player is SUSPENDED from play. 2 yellows = SOFT red which = a ONE game suspension. No matter what the yellows are for. Straight red = HARD red which = a TWO game suspension. No matter what the straight red is for. Regardless of how a player gets a red card, he or she does NOT play in the teams next game. (Next 2 with hard red). And with the teams next game being the state finals, regardless of how he got the red, Creel will not and would not play today under any circumstances

Not that it matters with only one game left in the season, but...

TSSAA does not care about the "soft red"/"hard red" distinction. The manner in which the ejection occurred is the issue. To be fair, soccer is the only sport besides football (of course) that has the lesser one-game suspension possibility. But that is ONLY invoked when an ejection occurs because of the denial of a goal-scoring opportunity. To be clear, under TSSAA rules, two yellows for dissent -- a "soft red" -- is a 2 game suspension. Under TSSAA rules, two yellows for anything (which results in ejection) is a 2-game suspension.

However, commit the straight-red card offense of denying a goal-scoring opportunity, and this is the only case where a player sits out for only ONE game.

Not that it matters with only one game left in the season, but...

TSSAA does not care about the "soft red"/"hard red" distinction. The manner in which the ejection occurred is the issue. To be fair, soccer is the only sport besides football (of course) that has the lesser one-game suspension possibility. But that is ONLY invoked when an ejection occurs because of the denial of a goal-scoring opportunity. To be clear, under TSSAA rules, two yellows for dissent -- a "soft red" -- is a 2 game suspension. Under TSSAA rules, two yellows for anything (which results in ejection) is a 2-game suspension.

However, commit the straight-red card offense of denying a goal-scoring opportunity, and this is the only case where a player sits out for only ONE game.

Im sorry. I am not a tssaa ref i did mot realize the suspension rule was different. Regardless, What im tryimg to say is it does not matter how the red was given, he can not, would not, and will not play today.