2013 TCA Lions

Intense

First three games is murderers row: St. George, USJ and Adamsville. Could be 0-3 and still one of the top teams in 2A! TCA has all of their skilled players back featuring their Great young QB and 3,000 yd passer Kyle Akin along with all of his returning receivers from last year. Add to that stud rising sophomore RB Andrew Goldsmith and you have an amazing offense. Question will be the replacement of three key offensive lineman. Also, defense last year was mediocre at best and is going to be a huge question mark this year. It's going to be an even tougher first three games as two of their top defensive players will be out due to discipline. Key game will be Adamsville. TCA will have to make some stops in order to compete with them. ECS, JCM, and JCS will be tough games as well. Should be a fun season. Should make a good run in playoffs. Very well coached team!

Edited by TCAIntense

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did the young man go that played QB for you guys a few years ago? He played against Signal Mtn in the state championship game.

He's a DB for Alabama. He will be a red shirt Sophomore next year and the word is that he will be in the 2 deep of the depth chart. Hopefully will start as a Junior and Senior. Definitely remember Signal Mountain! We were really outmanned that game. We had 19 players!! Good first half at least!

First three games is murderers row: St. George, USJ and Adamsville. Could be 0-3 and still one of the top teams in 2A! TCA has all of their skilled players back featuring their Great young QB and 3,000 yd passer Kyle Akin along with all of his returning receivers from last year. Add to that stud rising sophomore RB Andrew Goldsmith and you have an amazing offense. Question will be the replacement of three key offensive lineman. Also, defense last year was mediocre at best and is going to be a huge question mark this year. It's going to be an even tougher first three games as two of their top defensive players will be out due to discipline. Key game will be Adamsville. TCA will have to make some stops in order to compete with them. ECS, JCM, and JCS will be tough games as well. Should be a fun season. Should make a good run in playoffs. Very well coached team!

I don't know that I would call your first 3 games "Murderers Row." I would say that your entire schedule is a "Killer." Who in the world made this schedule out? I am not sure he likes the program vey well. TCA will be much better, with good athletes, but still young in areas and not much depth. Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know that I would call your first 3 games "Murderers Row." I would say that your entire schedule is a "Killer." Who in the world made this schedule out? I am not sure he likes the program vey well. TCA will be much better, with good athletes, but still young in areas and not much depth. Best of luck.

Exactly...schedule does not get any easier the next week with South Gibson and season ends at ECS....Non District schedule of St George, USJ, and ECS - three of the top premier Div II schools in the state and throw in now AAA ? South Gibson. The old "what don't kill you makes you stronger" is sure in play this year ----- should be fun !

• 2 weeks later...

Yes we do! Watch for the name Andrew Goldsmith. He will be a sophomore. He had a great freshmen year on the basketball team. Was ineligible to play FB because he practiced in the Spring of his 8th grade year with another school. He transferred to TCA last year. Is a stud RB. Ran all over teams in JV last year. We will have the best passing attack in West Tennessee and now with Goldsmith we will have a very good running game. OL still has to prove they can block and defense has to make a few stops. Goldsmith is 5'11.5 and 195 all muscle. Ran a 4.65 as a freshman. He is a bruiser!