Noise Makers for '13 & 14 - All Divisions...

Sommers

D1 AAA

106 - Carter is ranked at the top followed by three different region 4 wrestlers. He has a win over #6 SD and #3 Cleveland. His win over #3 was Landers' 1st HS varsity match and was losing most of the match including being on his back 3 times (arguably pinned) before a late score at the end for the win. I see Carter and Landers very even and WV and BC very even above them. These top four are so even I'm playing the 75% odds that one of the three region 4 wrestlers win it all. Carter has not beat #2 or #3. Based on results WV and BC are the top two, region 4.

113 - BC is the favorite, region 4

126 - Cleveland is the favorite, region 4

132 - Cleveland is the favorite, region 4

138 - SD and Cleveland are the two front runners, both region 4

145 - Hamilton upset Richmond once in OT but I don't expect it to happen again. I've got SD picked here. Richmond had a better showing at state last year and held the top spot all season until the upset. Region 4

160 - SD is the favorite, region 4

170 - Kennedy holds a higher ranking over Hamilton for some reason but based on prior year state results and current season results I have Cleveland picked at this weight since Hamilton dropped from 182. Hamilton had a better showing at state last year and has had a much more impressive season against tougher opponents at a higher weight class. Region 4.

195 - Cleveland is the favorite, region 4

The Remaining Weight Classes:

Tullahoma will possibly have a champ if not upset by region 4 BC.

Blackman and Ravenwood will battle for a champ.

Maryville and Kenwood will battle for a champ, I predict an upset.

WC and Ravenwood will battle for a champ, I predict an upset.

Clarksville will probably have a champ.

Edited by rlwest40

D2

113 Baylor is the favorite, Chatt region

126 McCallie is the favorite, Chatt region

132 FR is the top ranked wrestler here but this is the only weight class I have an upset picked, McCallie - Chatt region

138 Baylor and McCallie are the two front runners, Chatt region

145 McCallie is the favorite, Chatt region

152 FR holds the top spot for now but only after a 1 point win over Baylor with multiple questionable calls (Baylor had been dominating the entire match). I don't see that happening twice in a month. I've got Baylor picked here, Chatt region

160 Baylor is the favorite, Chatt region

170 Baylor is the favorite, Chatt region

182 McCallie and Baylor are the front runners, Chatt region

220 - McCallie already had an impressive win over #1 FR so I don't know why he still has the #1 spot. He has wins over the remaining top 4 in his weight. I have McCallie winning this one again, Chatt region

* Edited/Corrected to 10 wins for Chattanooga Region after overlooking 220

The Remaining Weight Classes:

Brentwood Academy will probably have two champs at 195/285

CBHS will probably have one champ if he's healthy

The February Bro's will probably have one champ since King dropped if he's healthy and/or can make weight

Edited by rlwest40

D1 A-AA

106 Red Bank is the favorite, the top four are all from Chatt region

113 Notre Dame is the favorite, Chatt region

132 Notre Dame is the favorite, Chatt region

138 Hixson is the favorite, Chatt region

170 East Ridge is the favorite, the top four are all from Chatt region

182 Signal Mtn is the favorite, the top two are both from Chatt region

195 Chatt Central is the favorite, Chatt region

220 Signal Mtn, I'm picking an upset from the Chatt region

* Edited/corrected for once again overlooking 220 - 8 Chattanooga region champs

Edited by rlwest40

What State placements? Who are they? What State results? Head to head? I know you did not go through all of the results. Your information is all based on Hamm's ranking. I viewed it and it was the same... I am just saying Chattanooga will not win all of those weights but will probably pull out a few you did not name. 220- 285- I think Chattanooga has a great shot of winning.. There is only 3 regions so they have a 33% chance.

What State placements? Who are they? What State results? Head to head? I know you did not go through all of the results. Your information is all based on Hamm's ranking. I viewed it and it was the same... I am just saying Chattanooga will not win all of those weights but will probably pull out a few you did not name. 220- 285- I think Chattanooga has a great shot of winning.. There is only 3 regions so they have a 33% chance.

Last year's

Who is who?

Again, last year's

Current season's

I went through enough of it to make a pick on the close ones, its not that difficult.

Its similar like I already said but to his credit they are very accurate and I explained my basis on those I disagreed on. I called these picks the 'favorites' because they are the top ranked wrestlers...based on rankings.

Rankings don't mean anything but they do give a good impression of what to expect, no one said they are 100% accurate

I admit I am much more familiar with D1 AAA and D2 than D1 A-AA. There is always the possibility of an upset and I know its possible at 220/285 in A-AA if that's what you're referring to but like I said I listed the favorites and those two weights were toss ups.

I could very likely see Signal Mtn winning 220 due to more impressive current season wins and I almost listed him. Its harder to call an upset at 285 because of the impressive wins that #1 has this season.

A-AA

106 - The top 4 ranked wrestlers are from Chattanooga so its safe to say Chatt will probably bring it home

113 - I see little Mullen as the clear favorite here

132 - I see Packy the clear favorite here too

138 - #1 from Hixson lost 1 point matches to both Russo and Eckhart so I gave him the nod here

170 - Again, the top 4 ranked wrestlers are from Chattanooga so its safe to say Chatt will probably bring it home

182 - The top 2 ranked wrestlers are from Chattanooga so I'm picking a noogan champ

195 - Martin is the clear favorite

220 - I'm picking #2 will upset #1 based on current season results

I didn't think these were too far-fetched

From my understanding there are 8 regions in A-AA

Edited by rlwest40

D1 AAA 106 - Carter is ranked at the top followed by three different region 4 wrestlers. He has a win over #6 SD and #3 Cleveland. His win over #3 was Landers' 1st HS varsity match and was losing most of the match including being on his back 3 times (arguably pinned) before a late score at the end for the win. I see Carter and Landers very even and WV and BC very even above them. These top four are so even I'm playing the 75% odds that one of the three region 4 wrestlers win it all. Carter has not beat #2 or #3. Based on results WV and BC are the top two, region 4. 113 - BC is the favorite, region 4 126 - Cleveland is the favorite, region 4 132 - Cleveland is the favorite, region 4 138 - SD and Cleveland are the two front runners, both region 4 145 - Hamilton upset Richmond once in OT but I don't expect it to happen again. I've got SD picked here. Richmond had a better showing at state last year and held the top spot all season until the upset. Region 4 160 - SD is the favorite, region 4 170 - Kennedy holds a higher ranking over Hamilton for some reason but based on prior year state results and current season results I have Cleveland picked at this weight since Hamilton dropped from 182. Hamilton had a better showing at state last year and has had a much more impressive season against tougher opponents at a higher weight class. Region 4. 195 - Cleveland is the favorite, region 4   The Remaining Weight Classes:Tullahoma will possibly have a champ if not upset by region 4 BC.Blackman and Ravenwood will battle for a champ.Maryville and Kenwood will battle for a champ, I predict an upset.WC and Ravenwood will battle for a champ, I predict an upset.Clarksville will probably have a champ.

Well, Dude,,, you're just saying that cause he's your boy!!!