Noise Makers for '13 & 14 - All Divisions...

Sommers

Chattanooga Strong

Baylor - 1st

Cleveland - 1st

Hixson - 1st

Soddy Daisy - 2nd

McCallie - 3rd

Chatt. Central - 4th

Bradley Central - HM

Walker Valley - HM

AAA Region 4 will own the AAA state tournament with 9 individual state champs and 4 of the top 5 teams.

A-AA Chattanooga teams win 7 individual individual weight classes with 3 teams in the top 5.

Chattanooga D2 wins 9 individual state championships and wins the top 2 spots in the team standings.

Chattanooga Strong

AAA Region 4 will own the AAA state tournament with 9 individual state champs and 4 of the top 5 teams.

A-AA Chattanooga teams win 7 individual individual weight classes with 3 teams in the top 5.

Chattanooga D2 wins 9 individual state championships and wins the top 2 spots in the team standings.

Will we see the breakdown of these picks by weight class and team?

Wilson Central has had respect all season being one of the top ranked teams in the state over Bradley, Soddy, Walker, and D2's McCallie without wrestling any of them. That ranking will be tested this week against Soddy Daisy.

I don't think the finals will be lop-sided this year.

I couldn't agree more. I have no doubt after watching WC in the state tournaments last year, that they are a good wrestling team. If WC wants respect, they need to come to Region 4 during the regular season and test their metal against what is well known to be the Best Region in D1. Iron sharpens iron. WC has a very high ranking without taking on any of the 4 powerhouse teams in Region 4. All of the teams in Region 4 are capable of placing high in the upcoming duals. We will never find out because 2 great teams (Bradley and Walker Valley) will be at home. I saw the region tourney and saw some great hard fought matches. Wilson Central will get their chance this weekend to prove what they are made of. I think the traditional tournament will bear out my claims about Region 4. I wont be surprised to see all 4 of the top teams in Region 4 finishing in the top 5 standings at the traditional state. All I know is that it will all be decided on the mats in the Cow Palace over the next few weeks and I for one cant wait. Man, I love this sport.

Last year WC did win their semi final match against SD by 8 points. On

that date, they earned the right to wrestle in the final.  Do they have enough

power to beat SD this year?  We will see...

They have wrestled better teams this year.  They have lost 4 matches!

They will have to upset a couple of highly ranked kids to win this year.

Just to clarify, We saw Walker valley at the Ooltewah tournament ( central 248 valley 154) and we saw Bradley central at the Knoxville halls tournament(central 243.5 BC 175). the only teams we did not see was soddy daisy and cleveland. before the season the coaches from soddy, cleveland and I tried to find a date we could wrestle and it didnt work out. any time we were free they were busy and vice versa. Maybe next season we can find a date.

Last year WC did win their semi final match against SD by 8 points. On

that date, they earned the right to wrestle in the final.  Do they have enough

power to beat SD this year?  We will see...

They have wrestled better teams this year.  They have lost 4 matches!

They will have to upset a couple of highly ranked kids to win this year.

That is the great thing about sport, all the debate in the world is just that, debate. If we are all lucky, we will get to see some of these matches we anticipate this weekend in the Cow Palace. They will be great matches, no matter who comes out on top. I for one am looking forward to it. These kids are all winners in my book for just participating in this awesome sport. Now they get to test their metal against worthy foes and we are the lucky ones who get to witness it.

I hope that works out coach. Chattanooga area fans would really love to see you guys down here wrestling our teams. That would be great for all us fans who love great hard fought matches. Wilson Central is a worthy opponent and I am looking forward to seeing you guys compete this weekend. I am disappointed I haven't seen you guys wrestle yet this year. This weekend will be great. Rivalries in this sport are what make it great. I for one am glad you guys have joined the party. You have a great team and worthy of praise. I am just happy as a fan to see the competition that I know is coming.

That is the great thing about sport, all the debate in the world is just that, debate. If we are all lucky, we will get to see some of these matches we anticipate this weekend in the Cow Palace. They will be great matches, no matter who comes out on top. I for one am looking forward to it. These kids are all winners in my book for just participating in this awesome sport. Now they get to test their metal against worthy foes and we are the lucky ones who get to witness it.

Ditto to this!  You're not Mr Russo are you? I too love chattanooga wrestling. It invalid the entirestate, Al the way down to the Atlanta area, as we know Collins hill and now Archer loves to come up & serve some humble pie.  As Tennessee goes overall (more WC's, Blackman's, RW's, Clarksville's, CBHS's, Cookeville's, PF's, Greeneville's, Sci-hill's, Tn-Heritage, Halls, etc), that will further the growth of our flagship area of wrestling to set the standard by and scouts will take notice as well.. 

All that really matters here though, is this weekend and the following two weeks.  All else is simply a test to adjust by.  That's why Ryan does so well at the end and Josh Peck and his Raptors (Centennial before) as well.  

It is exciting to discuss & share opinions. That makes the anticipation even funner!  

WC had a great team last year and made the finals with the help of some issues with the Soddy team. They will have a solid team next year but not quite as good as this year's team. This year will be their peak year and their best shot of winning state IMO. I believe this year's WC team is more experienced and better than last year's team but I think they still finish 3rd in the duals this year.

D1 AAA Region 4 Individual State Champions (9):

D2 Chattanooga Region Individual State Champions (9):

D1 A-AA Chattanooga Region Individual State Champions (7):

Sounds like you have an obsession with the Chattanooga area.