Week 0 - Bearden vs. Sevier County

fsutandem

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden may actually have a chance to win this game. Word on the street is Brewer suspended some of the players for being arrested for underage drinking. I heard 16 players and some are starters. I have yet to confirm this. Not suspended from school but from the team. I hope its not true. Can anybody confirm or is it a bad rumor?

Bad rumor.  1 starter is out first two weeks.  1 other player suspended. 

Stories do not add up. I hav'nt heard anything of these accounts. And if they didn't get suspended from school. Then how would this effect the play time of these kids. Also if they did party on there own time what does that have to do with playing there game. If u get in trouble at school or miss school then yes u shouldn't play but outside of the campus on the parents time where does a suspension fall into school athletics. I can see a program punishment by running or other ways but not by suspension on a own time incident. Now an arrest for illegal substance abuse then a team suspension should occur and I assume would occur. But something of this matter. I think would be fixed in a different approach. And how would someone that posts a lot on Jeff Co. thread and William Blount thread know of this when not a Sevier County fan of my knowing has any idea of this story.

If the story is right then Kudos. Brewer does keep a close chain on his athletes. Would not surprise me. But can't credit this story until I see on Friday night.

Edited by fsutandem

to my understanding it was 16 players and 10 of them were starters. they were not all drinking but they were at a party the night before a practice so they are all suspended for the first 2 games. looks like the Bulldogs will be able to cruise to 1-0. my pick Bearden 35-10

You my friend are going to be terribly disappointed. You may want to reconsider your sources as well.

To those predicting that this team is only going to score 10 or 17 or whatever the countryreb said you clearly have no knowledge of SC football. They will score that many while the band is playing the national anthem.

GoBears!!!

Stories do not add up. I hav'nt heard anything of these accounts. And if they didn't get suspended from school. Then how would this effect the play time of these kids. Also if they did party on there own time what does that have to do with playing there game. If u get in trouble at school or miss school then yes u shouldn't play but outside of the campus on the parents time where does a suspension fall into school athletics. I can see a program punishment by running or other ways but not by suspension on a own time incident. Now an arrest for illegal substance abuse then a team suspension should occur and I assume would occur. But something of this matter. I think would be fixed in a different approach. And how would someone that posts a lot on Jeff Co. thread and William Blount thread know of this when not a Sevier County fan of my knowing has any idea of this story.

If the story is right then Kudos. Brewer does keep a close chain on his athletes. Would not surprise me. But can't credit this story until I see on Friday night.

Agree with all of the above. When I first saw this everything seemed off. Everything from the "rumored" number of players, to the offence committed and the punishment doled out for said "crime". None of it made sense. And to top it off the person breaking the story is a Jeff Co. fan. To ripzip11's credit however, there was at least some validity to the story, no matter how exagerated the details were.

So the QB is suspended for 2 games. And a unofficial starter was kicked off the team. So I am assuming Austin Rice will be starting QB for a couple of games.

I think TNHSBBALLFAN reported only one starter was effectively suspended and gobears89 is reporting to have heard that it was QB Manning. Don't actually know who is/isn't involved for sure.

If its the case Austin Rice will do just fine. He seems to have a lot Moxy to him. He might not know the offense thru and thru like his counter part. But will be just fine.

Agree. If it is Manning only then what little I have seen of Austin he should be able to do an adequate job guiding the offense. Expecially if the running game is as improved as it appears to be.