Week 0 - Bearden vs. Sevier County

fsutandem

So the QB is suspended for 2 games. And a unofficial starter was kicked off the team. So I am assuming Austin Rice will be starting QB for a couple of games.

This rumor has gotten way out of hand. The QB is definitely not suspended! I'm not going to mention names on this message board so wait until game time if you don't already know.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well no news on the supposed suspensions and who it all does and doesn't involve so that is going to make predicting a winner that much more difficult.

Sounds like SC will be better balanced this year with Hayes and Banks toting the rock which should help in taking the pressure off of a bunch of new receivers. If Manning is indeed not playing it will be interesting to see how Austin responds in his first start. I think the offense will be OK but I fear the greatest trouble could be on the defensive side of the ball. Can't lose the number of experienced play makers that we did and it not effect you some. Bearden will be bigger in the line then us and with Horton running the ball I just don't see us being able to stop them consistently enough. If we can't slow their running game and make their young QB beat us through the air then it's going to be a long night.

Typical battle of contrasting styles of play. SC's wide open offense and team speed versus the brawn and power of Bearden. Probably going to come down to which defense can make enough plays to tip the scales in their teams favor. Just looking at the returning numbers of each team I fear Bearden will have the advantage with a more experienced, physical line on both sides of the ball and that is where most games are won or lost. Hope I am wrong but I feel Bearden will wear us down physically and pull out a close victory.

Edit:

Thanks TNHSBBALLFAN for the update. I have a guess as to which player it might be but I won't mention any names. No reason to call some ones character or maturity into question on a message board based off a hunch.

Even with Manning starting I will stick with my original gut pick and go with the more experienced, physical Bearden lines as the key to victory. Our young, inexperienced defense has me concerned.

Edited by SCBear

I still hold to my prediction of 38-28 Smoky Bears on top. I think this team is a bit more special then we all think. They may be young but I think they are some ballers on that Bears squad. B)

fsutandem

Just curious but have you seen any of the practices or scrimmages this year? I keep hearing a lot of other posters say something along the same lines as you but to me the talented, experienced players we lost make it seem hard for me to believe that we will be as good or if not better then the past few previous seasons. I'll admit that I haven't seen them play yet this year so it's hard for me to get a read on what team we will have. Hope you are correct though.

Wingt in about 5 hours. Did I say I heard qb was out I meant to say cb. But seriously this was never close to the rumor of 16 players. This team is more talented than last years and they are young. Banks, Matthews, Pope all sophmores mix that in with seniors Manning, Mckinny, Whaley, and Hayes,you have got legit talent more than SC has ever had IMO. Other names you will hear Cole, Fields, Bailey, Arwood, Gadouy all would start most anywhere. I think that we have 4 QBs that would start most anywhere else. Im sure Im leaving some other names out. The kid that WB fan are calling the Beast would only be playing 1 way and he would be about your 7th or 8th best player.The only place that is thin is up front and they are good just not much depth. The skill guys are so good its going to make up for alot of whats lacking in the trenches. And offensively thats why they play the way they do anyway so dline is really the only?. Bearden will be a good match up if they can play the opposite style (smash mouth) but if SC jumps out early they do not want to get into a shoot out because thats what this team is going to be best at.

Good luck to everyones teams tonight lets all hope for only minor injuries.

GoBears!!!!

Edited by gobears89

Wingt in about 5 hours. Did I say I heard qb was out I meant to say cb. But seriously this was never close to the rumor of 16 players. This team is more talented than last years and they are young. Banks, Matthews, Pope all sophmores mix that in with seniors Manning, Mckinny, Whaley, and Hayes,you have got legit talent more than SC has ever had IMO. Other names you will hear Cole, Fields, Bailey, Arwood, Gadouy all would start most anywhere. I think that we have 4 QBs that would start most anywhere else. Im sure Im leaving some other names out. The kid that WB fan are calling the Beast would only be playing 1 way and he would be about your 7th or 8th best player.The only place that is thin is up front and they are good just not much depth. The skill guys are so good its going to make up for alot of whats lacking in the trenches. And offensively thats why they play the way they do anyway so dline is really the only?. Bearden will be a good match up if they can play the opposite style (smash mouth) but if SC jumps out early they do not want to get into a shoot out because thats what this team is going to be best at.

Good luck to everyones teams tonight lets all hope for only minor injuries.

GoBears!!!!

1st....Congrats on a huge victory.  SCHS must be very good.

2nd... I really wish you would lay off of Otis.....I'm not saying you don't have football players that are better...I haven't seen you, but if you have that many players better than him, you all will go a long way this year.  But being you continue to bring him up, shows how much you hated losing him, IMO.  I have several Sevier County connections through work, and none I have talked to seem to share your views about this young man.

Good luck to the Bears the rest of the season.

Edited by jake