Friday Night Main Event Pre-Season Top Ten in 1A

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the Vikings will be alot of trouble for us and vica versa. have yal scrimmaged anyone yet?

Yes, the Vikings scrimmaged Camden this past Friday & I heard the Vikes had 3-1 touchdowns with first teams not sure how the second teams did!! As we all know, scrimmage are just that scrimmages but heard the Vikes looked good & will spread the field with four (4) receivers!!

Yes, the Vikings scrimmaged Camden this past Friday & I heard the Vikes had 3-1 touchdowns with first teams not sure how the second teams did!! As we all know, scrimmage are just that scrimmages but heard the Vikes looked good & will spread the field with four (4) receivers!!

dang. we scrimmaged trenton but idk i heard they beat us by a few scores but we played most the scrimmage with our 3rd qb

Edited by EricCartman

dang. we scrimmaged trenton but idk i heard they beat us by a few scores but we played most the scrimmage with our 3rd qb

Well, that's hard with a 3rd QB but the Vikes will be a hard out if they stay healthy. The Vikes have a very athletic team with nice size & speed at every skilled positions! The QB will be starting his third year & being allowed to pass the ball more this year with the " Spread Offense"! McLilly will still be at RB but will also be utilize at WR also this year! Three of the four starting receivers are 6'1 & over, this team is going to be fun to watch this year! First time ever, the Vikes will run a spread offense which will open up running lanes for McLilly & QB Montangue has a rifle for a arm!!

Well, that's hard with a 3rd QB but the Vikes will be a hard out if they stay healthy. The Vikes have a very athletic team with nice size & speed at every skilled positions! The QB will be starting his third year & being allowed to pass the ball more this year with the " Spread Offense"! McLilly will still be at RB but will also be utilize at WR also this year! Three of the four starting receivers are 6'1 & over, this team is going to be fun to watch this year! First time ever, the Vikes will run a spread offense which will open up running lanes for McLilly & QB Montangue has a rifle for a arm!!

Coalfield at the top sounds good to me. they seem like the legit pick for the ball, mabye this year we won't have to go to Gordonsville and hear that blasted train whistle (still not sure if it should even be allowed by TSSAA)

I personally hope you have to come to SP. The last few years we have had to play about every playoff game away. It kinda stinks to be honest.

• 3 months later...

Join us for our Friday Night Main Event Preseason show on 93.9 FM, Saturday, August 10th at 10:00 AM. Thus far, we have Maryville Head Coach, George Quarles, Oakland Head Coach Thomas McDaniel, Columbia Central Head Coach Howard Stone as our guests. Also joining us will be Examiner.Com columnist Donovan Stewart to discuss these top ten and tell us what teams to look for in each class. Now to the poll:

1. Coalfield

2. South Pittsburg

3. Nashville Christian

4. Humboldt

5. Moore County

6. Collinwood

7. Dresden

8. Gordonsville

9. Clarksville Academy

10. Columbia Academy (tie)

10. Cloudland (tie)

teams to watch: Greenback, Jo Byrns,West Carroll, Union City, Copper Basin, Wayne County

Obviously totally missed the boat on Union City who will likely be in Cookeville provided they get by Nashville Christian.