Districts 3 & 4 region 2

Ladyramshoop

Well, that was an adventure.  TP lives and dies on that 3-point shot.....they made 7.  However, they made four of them in the first half, and the girls just didn't panic and chipped away til they got the lead before halftime.  Other than getting a little sloppy with the ball and the uneven officiating (at one time the fouls in the second half was 8-1) and I thought TP was given a lot of leeway with their hand checking.  I'm not saying Oneida wasn't guilty too, they were just calling them on one team.  Still we played a very good team last night and won.....congrads to TP on their season.

GCA get to looking ahead?  I am surprised at the score, but I guess Coach Snow went down with both guns ablazing! :huh: Good for him....and his team.

Kaz

Yes GCA played as bad as I have ever seen them. Not into game at all. Big mistake at this point in season. Let down after a BIG win and playing a weaker opponent is always a trap game. Don't think it will happen again.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Meigs/Oliver Springs game tonight was a defensive clinic by both teams. OS held Meigs to 33 points in regulation, but the Lady Tigers played great Df their own and gutted out a 41-36 decision in OT. Free throws ultimately decided the outcome with Meigs making 21-29 compared to OS hitting 13-22. OS made just 4 of 8 in the final 3:27 of regulation while Meigs was 4-4 to close out regulation.

The Meigs/Oliver Springs game tonight was a defensive clinic by both teams. OS held Meigs to 33 points in regulation, but the Lady Tigers played great Df their own and gutted out a 41-36 decision in OT. Free throws ultimately decided the outcome with Meigs making 21-29 compared to OS hitting 13-22. OS made just 4 of 8 in the final 3:27 of regulation while Meigs was 4-4 to close out regulation.

I thought the defense was OK but it was really more Bad offense. I have never seen Meigs miss so many open shots and even inside the ball didn't go down. I don't expect a repeat of that Wednesday night. It was a great game and a lot closer than I expected so props to OS. The region final should be a good one with Meigs wanting to avenge the district Championship loss to Grace.

I thought both defenses were really well prepared. OS did a great job of taking away penetration, which in turn didn't give a lot of open looks off passes to the perimeter. Meigs shoots really well, but there like everyone else in their percentage will go down when they have to rush their shots. It helps that OS is really quick out front and they can recover so well.

I also thought Meigs was really prepared in the way they collapsed on the twins. Their girls really knew the scouting report of which girls to sag off and which girls to close out on in a hurry. Pretty much every team has good scouting reports, but it's rare to see teams execute one so well throughout the game. 

I'm one of those guys that enjoys watching good defense more than good offense and that's why I loved watching those two get after each other last night. 

I do think Wednesday's game will see more offense. Hensley is good off the bounce and has great vision, which will keep Meigs's defense honest. It doesn't hurt that Grace has more size inside as well and has some good spot-up shooters. I also think Meigs will have more open looks against Grace simply due to the fact that there isn't many teams that move as well on the perimeter as OS. 

I could see the game going either way, like both games last night. 

Edited by goosevol

Well, that was a quality championship game.  You have to come away impressed with the composure that GCA displays.  I still think Meigs is a little more athletic and probably has a stronger starting five, but Grace plays as hard as they can and that makes up for any shortcomings they have in personnel.  Don't misconstrue anything I say.....they are both solid basketball teams and the intesity they bring got them this far.  I even think they will both win their next game (sub-state) and move on to M'boro.  They will have to hope they bring their best there because having watched C'Range play twice, neither team is ideally suited to bring down the Lady Buffaloes.  Meigs is athletic enough to challenge them a bit, but they won't be able to stop the post play of the Lady Buffs.  GCA has an inside presence but not sure if she can handle the kid inside, who is a load for anyone.  One thing they have to do when they get to the Glass House (provided they both win their next step), they will have to hit the three ball consistently to have a chance there.  I wouldn't rule them entirely out, but they will have to play even better than they did in the region.

Kaz :thumb: