DeKalb Co. Tigers 2013

Stealer007

Yeah I figured that much, on rivals it doesn't show TN has any interest. He holds offers from Duke, Vandy, and Navy. Id bet he is on TNs radar though and if he is good enough will receive an offer. He doesn't have any stars right now but you cant put much stock into that. I am in no way saying he is a 4 or 5 star talent because I don't know, but a player like him could be a 5 star at a big school in TX and be a 3 star playing here in TN at a small private school. It seems he has a lot of interest in Vandy, he has be on campus a lot.

The reason Andrew doesn't have any stars is because he is in the class of 2015, which have not been assigned stars yet.  Coach Elder, Tennessee's TE coach, told me that he will play in the SEC and that UT wants him up in Knoxville as much as possible in the fall for the games. 

Edited by orangecrush

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In general this looks to be a tough year. Jennings at QB will no doubt get better as the year progresses but it is tough for any freshman to avoid mental mistakes and at the QB position they are magnified. Our D-line looks pretty solid and prior to an injury last night I would have said our LB's are looking good too. Weak side contain has been a bit of an issue thus far but that will get sorted out. In general our big issues are O-line, WR and secondary. Inexperience and youth can be cruel teachers. Considering others in the district have lost a lot as well my guess is that we will go 6-4 with the win total possibly being one higher or lower depending on how the ball bounces.

Watching the first couple of scrimmages tells me that we need to play Gill both ways and pound the rock with Boss to help our freshman QB out and give the Defense a rest. Devonte should end up playing multiple offensive positions (tailback, h-back, and slot) in an effort to get him more touches in open field. 

What is exciting is that we should improve with each game as long as the kids can stay motivated. The learning curve will be high. If we can sneak by our early schedule without too many losses, the playoffs are a real possibility and by that time our freshman won't make as many freshman mistakes. Physically, I would have to say we are a year away from being in a position to challenge for the district. That is not to say crazy things can't happen in our favor but we are undersized outside of Gill and our speed is limited as well. 

Coach Trapp seems to have things moving well in the right direction. Tiger pride is getting easier to hold day by day.

The reason Andrew doesn't have any stars is because he is in the class of 2015, which have not been assigned stars yet.  Coach Elder, Tennessee's TE coach, told me that he will play in the SEC and that UT wants him up in Knoxville as much as possible in the fall for the games.

I wonder how many stars the kid will be given?

I really hope so too. We need all the depth we can get this year especially. Hate to see the good start they got off to followed by four injuries. I hear Patterson will be back soon and now this is hopefully true about Bradford. I wonder how long moon will be out with that knee? He was looking very promising in that first scrimmage before the injury. Only thing I haven't heard any news on is the injury to lance's arm. That one really hurts bad. We actually were looking strong at linebacker and he and his brother were two experienced players I was excited we had coming back.

:mrgreen:

In general this looks to be a tough year. Jennings at QB will no doubt get better as the year progresses but it is tough for any freshman to avoid mental mistakes and at the QB position they are magnified. Our D-line looks pretty solid and prior to an injury last night I would have said our LB's are looking good too. Weak side contain has been a bit of an issue thus far but that will get sorted out. In general our big issues are O-line, WR and secondary. Inexperience and youth can be cruel teachers. Considering others in the district have lost a lot as well my guess is that we will go 6-4 with the win total possibly being one higher or lower depending on how the ball bounces.

Watching the first couple of scrimmages tells me that we need to play Gill both ways and pound the rock with Boss to help our freshman QB out and give the Defense a rest. Devonte should end up playing multiple offensive positions (tailback, h-back, and slot) in an effort to get him more touches in open field. 

What is exciting is that we should improve with each game as long as the kids can stay motivated. The learning curve will be high. If we can sneak by our early schedule without too many losses, the playoffs are a real possibility and by that time our freshman won't make as many freshman mistakes. Physically, I would have to say we are a year away from being in a position to challenge for the district. That is not to say crazy things can't happen in our favor but we are undersized outside of Gill and our speed is limited as well. 

Coach Trapp seems to have things moving well in the right direction. Tiger pride is getting easier to hold day by day.

I agree with this post 95%, the only thing i disagree on is i think we will win more!  :thumb:

Edited by TheLateGreat

I really hope so too. We need all the depth we can get this year especially. Hate to see the good start they got off to followed by four injuries. I hear Patterson will be back soon and now this is hopefully true about Bradford. I wonder how long moon will be out with that knee? He was looking very promising in that first scrimmage before the injury. Only thing I haven't heard any news on is the injury to lance's arm. That one really hurts bad. We actually were looking strong at linebacker and he and his brother were two experienced players I was excited we had coming back.

I talked to moon's dad yesterday and he said he will be out 4-8 weeks, wasn't wanting to rush his return. He said he has an appointment with a orthopaedic surgeon on Friday they want an MRI to be on the safe side....