What's this I hear about Bray at Blackman this year, suspension?

oldblazedad

This topic is very confusing. Are the 3 or 4 people defending Coach Bray, because they feel his character is being attacked and that a rule is dumb? Do people feel like Blackman, has not cheated?

3 or 4 people are pointing to one minor violation of the multiple violations. Look at the TSSAA website.

Having high school coaches, coaching in the offseason is a CLEAR violation! Having practices with your own assistants coaches running the show is against the rules. That is taking advantage of every school following the rules.

My son graduated 3 years ago, this would have been a disadvantage to him and any other kid that has a coach that followed the rules. Is it because his coach did not care about him or the other kids? His coach was following the rules set in front of him so he would not be suspended from coaching. Yes we paid a bunch of money to send him to other camps but Blackman's kids went for free to have their own High School Assistants, coaching them.

I'm thinking you have a few axes to grind. I have no idea what other alleged violations you refer to but sticking around on the last day of a camp hardly seems like much of an infraction. Hard to get too worked up over a couple of unpaid assistants going to a summer camp either. I also doubt anyone went to camp for " free ."

Edited by maj

Everyone is wrong.

There are some preachers that say your going to heck if you dye your hair. Others drink beer and smoke weed and say don't judge. Is the truth somewhere in the middle?

I can assure you many (not all and maybe not most) schools 'coach' in the off season. After next year it's irrelevant. Have you not heard that wrestling, bowling and some other minor sports will now be exempt from the 'no coaching during off season' restrictions? Of course that's next year.

In the mean time it is still illegal for a wrestling coach to coach wrestling to student athletes until Nov. 1. You can show all the techniques involved with running a sprint or how to properly bench press, but God forbid you show a kid where to put his foot when shooting a high crotch. 

Out of the top 10 programs, 10 of them, if they aren't teaching wrestling, are simply paying someone else to do it. Once again the poor kids get screwed. But then again some people are more concerned about a teenage kid without a father spending time with a wrestling coach during the "dead period" then what is really "right".

Edited by Newestguy
  • Upvote 1

People the problem here is not Bray <<<<<<(cheater) the true problem is the guy that's coaching the team in his absence. What has he done for wrestling in the area? Does he have any High School experence at all. From what I hear he can't even keep the youth team he had last year. All his coaches left him and went other places. Bray's issues are small, Heath's issues are huge.

Why don't you and your equally retarded friend Sizzshit coach them?....Ya'll know where Blackman is? You know what Bray looks like? Do everyone a favor and go tap Bray out and fix things....

Lee Deckelman

I believe this was post was directed to YOU oldblaze.

They would do a better job then Heath could. I have never been impressed with his coaching. I was not impressed with his youth or middle school teams. I assume Bray did not have much to choose from, when he picked Heath. Blackman really!!!!

Oldblaze,

Wow, I guess Heath did something to piss you off somewhere along the way.  Grind you’re ax with him all day, but do not come on here and say you are not impressed with our team. That’s real impressive from a grown man hiding behind a screen name on a keyboard to take a shot at a youth team who works their tail off year after year.

Maybe we shouldn’t be impressed, but I am. The last two season under Murfreesboro Elite we won the MTWA conference championship, produced multiple National Champions, 8 State Champions, 25+ regions champions, 3 Iron Man champions, a host of state and national medalist (more than I can count). We had 6 wrestlers selected for the region 4 middle school dual team and 7 wrestlers selected to the state dual teams. I guess your right, that’s not impressive at all (insert sarcasm).

Then you say Heath can’t keep his youth team, are you serious? You need to get your facts straight. Since you know so much about our club and what we are doing, I am sure you know my contact information. The reality is, more people want to join than we could accommodate; we had to turn kids away last year. We want to grow the sport not limit it. We now have 4 teams (maybe 5) that we created in partnership to make all of our wrestlers in the county stronger, while creating more opportunity to wrestle.

Since you are not impressed with what are youth club did in the past, please email me. We want to grow beyond our initial 4 or 5 teams. We need a volunteer to start a club in Riverdale, Smyrna, and LaVernge. By your statements I assume you are an awesome coach. So please donate your time and make the sport better.

People the problem here is not Bray <<<<<<(cheater) the true problem is the guy that's coaching the team in his absence. What has he done for wrestling in the area? Does he have any High School experence at all. From what I hear he can't even keep the youth team he had last year. All his coaches left him and went other places. Bray's issues are small, Heath's issues are huge.

Everyone is wrong.

There are some preachers that say your going to heck if you dye your hair. Others drink beer and smoke weed and say don't judge. Is the truth somewhere in the middle?

I can assure you many (not all and maybe not most) schools 'coach' in the off season. After next year it's irrelevant. Have you not heard that wrestling, bowling and some other minor sports will now be exempt from the 'no coaching during off season' restrictions? Of course that's next year.

In the mean time it is still illegal for a wrestling coach to coach wrestling to student athletes until Nov. 1. You can show all the techniques involved with running a sprint or how to properly bench press, but God forbid you show a kid where to put his foot when shooting a high crotch. 

Out of the top 10 programs, 10 of them, if they aren't teaching wrestling, are simply paying someone else to do it. Once again the poor kids get screwed. But then again some people are more concerned about a teenage kid without a father spending time with a wrestling coach during the "dead period" then what is really "right".

Since I'm a little slow and not very good at deciphering sarcasm in the written text, are you being serious about the above bolded and underlined statement?

Edited by bwm