S32 Qualifier

CMP

Spanglers both went 182. The oldest one either was in conso semis. Not for sure if he won it or not. And the other one got put out in conso quarter finals

They now have the results posted on the Super 32 web page under qualifying tournaments link. Josh Spangler from Tennessee High finished 4th at 182. Looking to see how Williams from ME and Boatman from Greeneville finished but they only posted the top 4 in each weight class.

scroll down on the results.. Boatman lost in quarters and lost in conso quarters.. I have seen him wrestle a few times this summer and him getting pinned twice in a tournament tells me he must have been injured... or that bracket was very tough. 

Jon and Storm both ended up 4-2 on the day.  It was a tough tournament.  I think that losing in the championship rounds took the wind out of their sails a little bit.  For Jon, the first pin was at the end of the match when he was winning 8-6.  It was a mental mistake and I think he learned something from it.  The second was a really, really good cradle.  Both Jon and Storm started the day in pigtails so they were on match #6 when they got put out.  Both were staring at least 4 more matches in the face to qualify.  Life in the consolations were rough.

Overall, we wrestled well.  All of my guys got some wins.  I think I only had two wrestlers that came home with a losing record.  Both are JV guys that really just went with no expectations other than to get three or four matches in.

http://forum.gnwa.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22220

On behalf of Union Grove HS and Compound WC and CMP Clothing
http://cmpclothing.myshopify.com/collections/all
https://www.facebook.com/CompoundWrestling

I wanted to say thanks to the 350+ wrestlers and their supporters that attended the event this past Saturday.
Special thanks goes out to The Union Grove wrestling team and their families for hosting the event, running the tables, and running the concession stand.
Extra special thanks goes out to Coach Matt Ferrari for his leadership and pre-planning preparing for all set-up and break down of the gym and countless other details he addressed.
The wrestling was fantastic. Travis as always you served as the tournament director making the matches happen. You only had (1) Mnt. Dew!
We were done before 7 pm (meeting our goal) with all wrestling. Many finals were done much earlier than that.
We tried to get the upper weights out early this year as many of those kids play football and had a late night the evening before the S32 Qualifier.
We had everything from a nationally ranked S32 finalist to good MS wrestlers participating. The Out of State support was unbelievable and their talent was undeniable.
Congrats to those who placed top 4 as you earned the right to register early. To those that did not place, we still recommend that you challenge yourself and attend the toughest pre-season event in the Country.

http://www.super32.com/
On a personal note I watched several studs from GA get pushed HARD in this event. State Champs were meeting in finals or even earlier rounds. State placers were leaving with losing records, etc…
It was a wakeup call to all that the season is right around the corner, time to get in shape and get back after it.
Antioch NC, Cleveland TN, Flagler Florida and Jesuit LA….you guys had some studs reppin in this event. Thanks for the support year in and year out.
Good luck to ALL wrestlers that will go on to have a tremendous season this year! Everybody got better Saturday!

Also thanks to the 20 plus TN Youth wrestlers that came down to Wrestle Fest and got after it for 4 hours.....some great youth talent was on display 5 miles down the road from the Qualifier at Ola HS