Powell @ CAK

FootballDad

Lol!  Thanks. I think we'll have a very good year.  It helps not having to start off in week zero with state champions loaded for bear with D1 talent!  Hicks is a great kid in addition to being a fine athlete. Good luck to the Warriors too.

Lol Just took a look at Anderson County's schedule? Haha absolutely! The past two years you all started out with CAK and GCA with no success but, this year it's a whole new day for you all! Call me crazy on this but, IMO I think you all have a very good chance of running the table this year?

Lol Just took a look at Anderson County's schedule? Haha absolutely! The past two years you all started out with CAK and GCA with no success but, this year it's a whole new day for you all! Call me crazy on this but, IMO I think you all have a very good chance of running the table this year?

Ha!  If we stay healthy we have a shot at it.  I could never count out Powell, OR, Central or Catholic, even though OR and Powell are down this year.  Last year we only lost to Powell by 5 and OR in overtime by 6.  So, a relatively long shot, but still a shot.

Edited by MavMaximus

I have been living under a rock? Didn't know how many CAK players moved on to the Next Level from last years team till now lol Of course they will be rebuilding this year but, I would suspect that it wouldn't take very long considering all your under classmen fully know what is expected out of them and their time has come. Powell looked like they had a good running back and decent QB last week and showed some strength at times on both sides of the ball but, they looked really sloooow as a total team but, that maybe because they played the fastest team in the state? Lol should be a good game and again as last week, I will go with the coaching ( CAK wins in a very very close game)

It was def because Fulton was so fast. Powell does have speed on offense and defense, just not the overall team speed Fulton has. It's the same offense (QB, RB, 5 receivers) that put up around 35pts a game last yr, with the only difference being the offensive line. On defense the D-line is pretty much the same, with the difference being the secondary. Edited by powellphoto
  • Upvote 1

It was def because Fulton was so fast. Powell does have speed on offense and defense, just not the overall team speed Fulton has. It's the same offense (QB, RB, 5 receivers) that put up around 35pts a game last yr, with the only difference being the offensive line. On defense the D-line is pretty much the same, with the difference being the secondary.

Well said photo.

Well said photo.

Thanks, osu. I feel like a lot of teams are now looking over Powell due to the way they Played against Fulton. I know that nobody really knows how they'll respond after a huge loss, but these guys have a lot of pride and I don't see them going down without a fight. If you think back to last year, Powell played a very poor opening game against a not so hot Rhea County team, but came back to have a great year. Friday will be the true test of how much pride and determination they really have.

Thanks, osu. I feel like a lot of teams are now looking over Powell due to the way they Played against Fulton. I know that nobody really knows how they'll respond after a huge loss, but these guys have a lot of pride and I don't see them going down without a fight. If you think back to last year, Powell played a very poor opening game against a not so hot Rhea County team, but came back to have a great year. Friday will be the true test of how much pride and determination they really have.

Absolutely. This week has to be gut check time, after the beating they took last week. Granted, that Fulton team is one of the best I've ever seen live. Still, these kids at Powell have never gotten whipped like that on the field. It's a brand new feeling for them. Hopefully it humbled them in the right way. Here's hoping that loss is going to allow them to fly under the radar.

Absolutely. This week has to be gut check time, after the beating they took last week. Granted, that Fulton team is one of the best I've ever seen live. Still, these kids at Powell have never gotten whipped like that on the field. It's a brand new feeling for them. Hopefully it humbled them in the right way. Here's hoping that loss is going to allow them to fly under the radar.

The Panthers certainly aren't flying under the radar as far as CAK is concerned.  While I'm not big on putting too much emphasis on the classification of the school, its still an eye opener when a 3A school plays a 6A school, especially when Powell will have as many players on the sidelines as CAK's football team, cheerleaders and band combined.  This game will have a completely different feel to it for Powell than the Fulton game.  Fulton was big, fast, physical and experienced.  Not only did the Falcons win big, but they physically punished the Panthers as well.  (We know all about that style of play from our annual clashes with Alcoa).  CAK is not that type of team.  We prefer to be finesse with our passing game and have precise execution.  The Warriors main goal is not to mash your mouth, but rather to duck and miss your swings until you are all swung out, then pile on the points in a hurry.  Don't get me wrong, our little ole scrawny boys will mix it up with you, we've learned to survive those kinds of skirmishes from our Blount County & Polk County friends, but its not the Warriors preferred MO.  After last weeks game revealed that we have quite a bit of improving to do in our passing game (by CAK standards) I'm certainly concerned about CAK being able to hang with a big, fast and deep squad like Powells. But I expect CAK's passing attack will still be good enough to give the Panthers some trouble.  While I expect that Powell will eventually wear CAK down, I wouldn't be surprised for the Warriors pull off an upset. Coach Bradley and staff will have a good game plan I'm sure.  This should be a good game to watch with such contrasting styles.

Thanks for the good reading all!  Watched Powell on tv against Fulton last week.  Good luck and I hope you/they have a great turn out.  I hope it's a great game. Burgers are great! Go Warriors!  JUST WIN!!! ...I mean....I just hope it's a good game;)

Edited by BRPro

The Panthers certainly aren't flying under the radar as far as CAK is concerned.  While I'm not big on putting too much emphasis on the classification of the school, its still an eye opener when a 3A school plays a 6A school, especially when Powell will have as many players on the sidelines as CAK's football team, cheerleaders and band combined.  This game will have a completely different feel to it for Powell than the Fulton game.  Fulton was big, fast, physical and experienced.  Not only did the Falcons win big, but they physically punished the Panthers as well.  (We know all about that style of play from our annual clashes with Alcoa).  CAK is not that type of team.  We prefer to be finesse with our passing game and have precise execution.  The Warriors main goal is not to mash your mouth, but rather to duck and miss your swings until you are all swung out, then pile on the points in a hurry.  Don't get me wrong, our little ole scrawny boys will mix it up with you, we've learned to survive those kinds of skirmishes from our Blount County & Polk County friends, but its not the Warriors preferred MO.  After last weeks game revealed that we have quite a bit of improving to do in our passing game (by CAK standards) I'm certainly concerned about CAK being able to hang with a big, fast and deep squad like Powells. But I expect CAK's passing attack will still be good enough to give the Panthers some trouble.  While I expect that Powell will eventually wear CAK down, I wouldn't be surprised for the Warriors pull off an upset. Coach Bradley and staff will have a good game plan I'm sure.  This should be a good game to watch with such contrasting styles.

Last year..... ya'll had the biggest "little ole scrawny" boys I have ever seen.  By the way... aren't you related to Lou Holtz??? LOL!!!

• Upvote 1

Last year..... ya'll had the biggest "little ole scrawny" boys I have ever seen.  By the way... aren't you related to Lou Holtz??? LOL!!!

:lol:  8-)   I've been accused of that a time or two.  When I coached, some of my assistants said that I made Johnny Majors look innovative and Lou Holts braggadocios... it doesn't hurt to play possum occasionally. :D   But honestly...this years CAK team has nice potential to be a solid team, but its unrealistic to expect them to live up to what we've had over the past 3-4 years.  It will be tough for the Warriors to win this game, but I'm sure they will give it a good shot.