Jalen Hurd will miss the rest of the season

Actually, a good parent wouldn't send their child out there to get beat on for potentially 14 more games. How badly does the bone have to be ripped away from the body before its ok not to play? For what? A state championship, rushing record, Mr. Football.... He has nothing left to prove on the high school level and will play on Saturdays this time next year.

Mr. Hurd made this decision because its what's best for his health and future.

Agreed....I would say a kid who rushes for almost 400 yards in the state championship game, to clinch a perfect 15-0 season, has nothing left to prove in high school football....I'm actually happy for him because he put up such ungodly numbers last year that will be nearly impossible to match....leading to some jack ___ somewhere opining "what happened to Jalen Hurd this year?"

Actually, a good parent wouldn't send their child out there to get beat on for potentially 14 more games. How badly does the bone have to be ripped away from the body before its ok not to play? For what? A state championship, rushing record, Mr. Football.... He has nothing left to prove on the high school level and will play on Saturdays this time next year.

Amen, most accurate post Ive read lately. 

Nope ... Kid has a bright future and will not - should not rush his health .. He has won one state championship already and could have a long career ahead of him. I would never let my kid jeapordize his future career to play in one game ..I doubt anyone associated with jalen would either

I never suggested that. I suggested he may actually be healthy in 12 weeks from an arthroscopic labrum repair thus not jeapordizing his health or future. This obviously depends on his progression after the surgery. He would be ready for UT regardless.

Agreed. I hope that this injury is as minor as stated. If he has been chronically dislocating, he would need more done surgically than scope and more recovery up to 4-6 months. 

Regardless, it is his informed decision with parents to decide his health and future. 

At least He will be healthy by the time of the preseason practices at Tennessee next Summer.

One of my points as well. Lets stay grounded. We are not talking, pop the shoulder back in and be ready for the next play nor as the media suggesting Jadaveon Clowney sit out the season to avoid injury and enter the draft. If he is healthy for UT in January, that is a great goal. If ready sooner, there are options to help a team not just move on for the individual. Depends on surgery and recovery, which we can only speculate. Regardless of what the future holds, he is a bright, gifted young man that has much to look forward to.

Easy boss!  I wasn't throwing around accusations, simply saying this is a time he'll never get back.  I understand he's done all he can do at this level, but it's still his sr. year.  I hope he comes to UT and is an All-American!  I also know how special a sr. year is.  All I was saying, wish Mr. Hurd and his family NOTHING but the best!!!

This really did suck to hear. Win or lose, I was looking forward to watching him play tomorrow. Not many chances to see talent like that in person.

Best of luck to him in his recovery, and if he really is finished at this level, then good luck to him at UT. His Jr year will still be talked about many years from now.