Sullivan East (1-1) @ Elizabethton (1-1)

EHSTrack06

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what I see of this years cyclones and when we fix our secondary problems and cut out the mistakes we will be tough to beat.I think Shawn needs to let Caleb be the QB and quit rotating him with Armstrong and I'm not saying anything bad about Armstrong because he is a good athlete but Caleb was your QB last year and done a great job leading the team and he is a senior this year and you could see he leadership late in the SH game.Keep your heads up Cyclones because you have a good team that will only get better.

Yeah, the 2 man rotation might work against over matched teams(Boone, East, etc) but when we face TN High, South, and potentially Greeneville, we need to keep Bailey in so he doesn't lose his rhythm. I honestly feel that if we had stuck with one QB against Science Hill we would have been more successful in the passing game because Armstrong and Bailey both have different throwing styles. Like they said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. What got us to the semi-finals and almost the championship last year should be able to do it again if given the chance. Also why the heck do they put our QB at punt return?? Never understood that, especially after he got nailed hard last season.

I totally agree its really not a good idea to have your QB returning anything. Since we are in the what ifs or should ofs, imagine if Armstrong hadn't sit out the first 45 min of very fast paced game and entered about the time everyone gotten warmed up. With the entire SH team now thinking we're thinking pass, heck definitely everyone on the cyclones side except a few of the TDC faithful. Do you think maybe anything could of been done differently the decks been stacked against this kid since practice began. Lets not forget who put e-town on the board first in the last three outings prior to this game without starting any of them. Have fun in dreamland guys and I think this next game will be boring.

I totally agree its really not a good idea to have your QB returning anything. Since we are in the what ifs or should ofs, imagine if Armstrong hadn't sit out the first 45 min of very fast paced game and entered about the time everyone gotten warmed up. With the entire SH team now thinking we're thinking pass, heck definitely everyone on the cyclones side except a few of the TDC faithful. Do you think maybe anything could of been done differently the decks been stacked against this kid since practice began. Lets not forget who put e-town on the board first in the last three outings prior to this game without starting any of them. Have fun in dreamland guys and I think this next game will be boring.

No body here is in dreamland and you have your opinion just like everybody else does and in my opinion Bailey is the better QB and I'm sorry if that bothers you.

One question I have is who is the "TDC faithful". I know both qbs and both are very good in what they do, one thing that sets them apart is Bailey is calm and been there don't know if Armstrong is there yet but in time he may. Last time I checked Coach witten is a pretty good coach and may just know what he is doing. Cheer for whoever is qb and lets win out.

...Last time I checked Coach witten is a pretty good coach and may just know what he is doing. Cheer for whoever is qb and lets win out.

Why wouldn't you doubt a guy who won 11 games last year and made it to the Semi's? Can't please everyone...obviously Witten knows what he is doing. There are people in Tuscaloosa who think they could do a better job than Nick Saban too, it's just part of it. 

One question I have is who is the "TDC faithful". I know both qbs and both are very good in what they do, one thing that sets them apart is Bailey is calm and been there don't know if Armstrong is there yet but in time he may. Last time I checked Coach witten is a pretty good coach and may just know what he is doing. Cheer for whoever is qb and lets win out.

I agree 100 percent.Go Cyclones

Cyclones have deeply talented football team who improve as the season progresses. This group accomplishes this by putting team first and foremost and a never say die attitude. I witnessed some of these young men through baseball this past season, nothing got them down. They'd come out of inning with 5 errors come in and score 4 to regain the lead. Awesome group of kids, fun to behold on any field. E-Town got a lot to be proud with this group of young student athletes.