Jackson North Side @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

Frankly, not having seen Northside play in 17 years, I have no idea how competitive this game might be.

I do see that they went 13-1 last year defeating Munford, Brighton, and Liberty. Covington went 15-1 last year and also beat these common opponents. Margin of victory is below:

____________________________________COVINGTON_______JNS___

BRIGHTON _______________________________22____________9___

LIBERTY_________________________________20____________7____

MUNFORD________________________________42___________40____

Based on margin of victory, Covington fared better against these common opponents last year. Now you have to ask yourself, how much did either team lose since last year, in the way of talent and experience? 

We'll see on Friday night.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now ChargerFan you know our coach needs a little shine for that head every Friday night. And we all definitely know he needs a mouthpiece for that grill he has got.  Upperdeck is right on the money with gifts for coach.  Maybe the gridiron should put some money together and give him those presents during a pregame ceremony.  But more importantly I think the Chargers come out on top with a late defensive stop.  A lot closer game than the experts think!!  GO CHARGERS!

The new Sonny Moore poll shows Covington with a power ranking of 126. Northside is at 115. The difference is 11 plus 3 points for home field advantage, making Covington a 14 point favorite.

I have a feeling this one will be closer than that, but we'll see.

I agree it will be a 14 pt game, but in NS's favor!

It's a little over 3 hours until kickoff. Time to get serious.

I want to welcome Northside fans to Covington. I'll venture a wild guess that 90% of them have never seen Covington play. We generate some excitement on our home field. We pull for our team, but most of our folks practice good sportsmanship. I hope that you all enjoy your visit, but I'm not going far enough to hope for you to win.

The winner will take a nice step forward in the district race. Good luck, and let's have an injury-free game!

Covington wins 41-19.

I thought this game turned in the first half when JNS had three trips to the red zone and got three field goal attempts, hitting two. The Charger D got into "bend but don't break" mode and held them out. Northside had 2 TDs called back in those drives because of penalties, so they helped stop themselves.

Northside did score a TD later in the game against the Charger D, the only TD scored on our D so far this year.

I thought we wore the JNS D down in the second half, as their O turned the ball over several times and their D could not get off the field. It will be hard to find a better conditioned team than the Chargers. Our wing-t just keeps on grinding out yardage.