Maplewood @ Lipscomb Academy

boski

District game this week LA is on a roll 2 wins to start the season these guys carry a heavy load this season and seem to be on a mission and Panthers had the past week off to get things together rest up heal up ..all that other stuff ..Since joining 10 AA Maplewood has won all meetings between these two teams including playoffs ..will this be the year the Mustangs kick that big ole Panther off thier back??  ...we will find out come Friday!!

LA fans where are you??  ..you guys ran these boards in herds at one time ..now you lay in the shadows silent... rise and shine!!  

any takes on this one??

Edited by boski

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21-14 mw wins

Based on what I witnessed in Lipscomb's game versus Greenbrier and Maplewood's game versus Hunters Lane (a far lesser opponent than Greenbrier) I think the Panthers' defense is fully capable to holding the Mustangs' offense to two touchdowns. Lipscomb's running game was good, but nothing special. Its passing game was non-exitant .

Now, whether or not Maplewood can score three (or more touchdowns) may be up in the air, literally. Maplewood's backfield appeared to be average in their first game. So they may have to do it with their passing game. That wasn't all that polished versus Hunters Lane in terms of accurate throws and catching balls. The Bobcats were able to pass on Lipscomb when the QB was given sufficient time. A better passing game will surely open up the running game.

Well looks like LA posters a no show this week folks ..im taking this pretty hard ..guess ill see you guys at the game ..i hope .. no hype here at all ... cant wait to game time ..hate that im going to miss next weeks CPA game ...but i will be in Tunica and Memphis ..TSU & Jackson St!! love it!! go big blue!!

Boski,

What are your thoughts on the outcome of this game? The Mustangs have some size up front, and on both sides of the ball this year. Maplewood is also typically big and tough in the trenches. How are the Panthers in the trenches this year? Also, how accurate is the Maplewood QB? If he's accurate, and makes good decisions, there's probably the potential for some good yards through the air.

My prediction is if Maplewood is good in the trenches, and doesn't turn the ball over, they will prevail. If not, the Mustangs will earn a "W". I know Lipscomb, has not yet beaten the Panthers, but if recall correctly, in 2009 and I think one other year (maybe 2010) Lipscomb had the lead until mid to late 4th quarter. Then, one of the Panther running backs (usually that quick kid, Vanleer) would break a long run or two, and deliver the win for Maplewood.

snd

Edited by sportsnutdad

Boski,

What are your thoughts on the outcome of this game? The Mustangs have some size up front, and on both sides of the ball this year. Maplewood is also typically big and tough in the trenches. How are the Panthers in the trenches this year? Also, how accurate is the Maplewood QB? If he's accurate, and makes good decisions, there's probably the potential for some good yards through the air.

My prediction is if Maplewood is good in the trenches, and doesn't turn the ball over, they will prevail. If not, the Mustangs will earn a "W". I know Lipscomb, has not yet beaten the Panthers, but if recall correctly, in 2009 and I think one other year (maybe 2010) Lipscomb had the lead until mid to late 4th quarter. Then, one of the Panther running backs (usually that quick kid, Vanleer) would break a long run or two, and deliver the win for Maplewood.

snd

Maplewood has size and speed the QB can be good at times Maplewood passing game will shock a few teams when and if they get it rolling ..and since they have only played one game thus far its hard to call they do have a number of speedy running backs that can get it done and the defense played much better than when i first saw them..Maplewood should win this one and i do recall a tough game against Lipscomb at the start of 10 AA but that was it ...Panthers have owned them ever since ...maybe this the year LA will rise up ..but i don't see it ...

Defense will show up ..and Then, one of the Panther running backs (usually that quick kid, His name here!) would break a long run or two, and deliver the win for Maplewood. you called it ..thats what im looking for tonight.

Both teams good luck play hard have fun be safe!!

- boski out!!

ladefense.jpg...down!!

lacheer.jpg...set!!

lafumble.jpg...hut hut!!