Smith County @ Upperman

Agreed. Monterey is a good team with some strong athletes. Once they start region play, they will win some games. They had the ball inside the ten twice and didn't score. Upperman had at least one turnover inside the five and had some stupid penalties. They need to eliminate those types of mistakes this week. Watched some clips of the game on hudl - they have a strong team. Should be a good game in Baxter this Friday night.

I've said already that I like SC's offensive scheme.

But, with the success they had with the I formation last year, I would think that would be in the playbook.

The wing-t helps get all 3 rb's on the field, but Manning needs to be able  to run behind Williams at FB.

SC's offense could do so much more with the players they have than what they've shown.

And, Young seems to be a very good receiver, that should help the run game.

Well, Cookeville has improved a lot since I saw them scrimmage Upperman in the spring and this fall, but they don't have a very strong team to be 6a. It will help them though that Maynard will know most of Smith County's players and what their weaknesses are. That will probably be a good game if SC can get the ball in the hands of their better players.

Well, Cookeville has improved a lot since I saw them scrimmage Upperman in the spring and this fall, but they don't have a very strong team to be 6a. It will help them though that Maynard will know most of Smith County's players and what their weaknesses are. That will probably be a good game if SC can get the ball in the hands of their better players.

maynard is a smart man and he knew this year would not be as good and he also knew the future ant to bright at s.c.,so he sold a bunch of team national and got out of dodge.
  • Upvote 1