FC vs TC on the Creekbank.

creekbank

Don't get that started. Snoball, I was just telling slim one of my favorite Hartsville games I went to was when the kid caught the winning int against CPA several years ago in the playoffs. He kind of laughed and told me who caught that int. That was a good one. My favorite though, was the Portland playoff game when sweat bees pulled the upset.

slowest pick 6 in tssaa history.  :lol:

i wonder if those portland folks ever found that train whistle...   :unsure:

great thread, not a lot of quanity, but outstanding quality.

high points include;

-doyle and slim should just get a room.

-as usual oldpirate has said nothing and used several hundred words to do so.

-kingofcool has summarised the recent state of sp's program bluntly, but soundly. (and has done so with less words than oldpirate probably uses for his password)

-volzchamp remains the only fcs supporter that i pay any real attention too. (until isaac yankum d.d.s., shows up.)

-georgebailey continues to amaze me with his ability to type and post while being nailed to a cross.

as for my contributions... i have heard 2 things regarding fcs's qb,

a: he has had a concussion and that his eligibilty/availabilty is up to him.

b: he is approaching this season with a tempered enthusiasm due to his impending collegiate career.

i know neither to be true or false, but both were told to me by people that have been known to know commonly unknown things.

what i do know, with certainty, is that fcs is now recruiting (ferociously, i might add) in the area and i am less than surprised to see that it didn't take them long (no pun intended, ok maybe a little.) to learn the ropes. now, i am not saying that they shouldn't be, by way of their over-night more than zealous switch to dII, they have every right in the world. i'm just saying that i'm more than impressed at how fast they were able to hit the ground running, especially at the earlier stages of jr. high. and even moreso with a coach that doesn't seem to have an exorbitant amount of spare time to learn the rules/techniques/strategy/protocols/do's-don'ts of the recruiting game, not to mention the scouting of prospects recruits future student athletes, all while coaching multiple sports.

tifwiw

regarding the game; if qb1 doesn't play, i believe it tips the scales to tc's advantage. mcneal will still have a more abundance of athletes, but tc has athletes too. this game should come down to coaching. creasy is a better coach than mcneal, that isn't a slight to mcneal it's just the way it is. jackets find a way to win.

great thread, not a lot of quanity, but outstanding quality.

high points include;

-doyle and slim should just get a room.

-as usual oldpirate has said nothing and used several hundred words to do so.

-kingofcool has summarised the recent state of sp's program bluntly, but soundly. (and has done so with less words than oldpirate probably uses for his password)

-volzchamp remains the only fcs supporter that i pay any real attention too. (until isaac yankum d.d.s., shows up.)

-georgebailey continues to amaze me with his ability to type and post while being nailed to a cross.

as for my contributions... i have heard 2 things regarding fcs's qb,

a: he has had a concussion and that his eligibilty/availabilty is up to him.

b: he is approaching this season with a tempered enthusiasm due to his impending collegiate career.

i know neither to be true or false, but both were told to me by people that have been known to know commonly unknown things.

what i do know, with certainty, is that fcs is now recruiting (ferociously, i might add) in the area and i am less than surprised to see that it didn't take them long (no pun intended, ok maybe a little.) to learn the ropes. now, i am not saying that they shouldn't be, by way of their over-night more than zealous switch to dII, they have every right in the world. i'm just saying that i'm more than impressed at how fast they were able to hit the ground running, especially at the earlier stages of jr. high. and even moreso with a coach that doesn't seem to have an exorbitant amount of spare time to learn the rules/techniques/strategy/protocols/do's-don'ts of the recruiting game, not to mention the scouting of prospects recruits future student athletes, all while coaching multiple sports.

tifwiw

regarding the game; if qb1 doesn't play, i believe it tips the scales to tc's advantage. mcneal will still have a more abundance of athletes, but tc has athletes too. this game should come down to coaching. creasy is a better coach than mcneal, that isn't a slight to mcneal it's just the way it is. jackets find a way to win.

Please click go to YouTube and type in FC vs Trousdale 11.11.11.  Watch the video then tell me that Creasy is a better coach than McNeal.  FC won that game because you got out coached.

wow, a Signal Mtn fan who quotes the TSSAA rule book. Where were you in 2010 & 2011 when they were playing illegal players? If it hadn't been for SM in 2010 either TC or FC woulda had another 2A gold ball that season making it 5 yrs in a row for the former Region 4.

Wow, a FCA fan complainin' about illegal players.  The reason you'z so good at recruitin' in DII is 'cause you'z had so much practice when you'z still DI.

trollsmall_zps39bae1ac.jpg

Please click go to YouTube and type in FC vs Trousdale 11.11.11.  Watch the video then tell me that Creasy is a better coach than McNeal.  FC won that game because you got out coached.

please go study the complete history of creasy vs. mcneal, compare all the rosters, games and scores, realize that if mcneal was the better coach then he would have won twice in 2011 and several other times before that. mcneal has done less with more and creasy has done more with less. if mcneal was as good as creasy he would have won the state that particular year easily, but he didn't. fcs has lost more games being out coached than tc ever has. i can appreciate you backing your coach, but history is on my side of this argument. try your best to remember, this all has been going on since several years before 2011.

i realize that most current fcs parents/students/fans/posters weren't affiliated with the school 2-3 years ago and probably didn't even know that it or mcneal existed before 2011, but it/he did and despite their recent success history is still overwhelming on tc/creasy's side.

Wow, a FCA fan complainin' about illegal players.  The reason you'z so good at recruitin' in DII is 'cause you'z had so much practice when you'z still DI.

Please, please don't tell me you're talking trash in a football forum with Women's Golf State Champions on your sig line.  Holy cow, that's about the saddest thing I've ever seen. Are you kidding me?

There must be a thread out there to talk about hitting from the red tee's somewhere.  Please go there where someone will listen.  That's just pitiful.

please go study the complete history of creasy vs. mcneal, compare all the rosters, games and scores, realize that if mcneal was the better coach then he would have won twice in 2011 and several other times before that. mcneal has done less with more and creasy has done more with less. if mcneal was as good as creasy he would have won the state that particular year easily, but he didn't. fcs has lost more games being out coached than tc ever has. i can appreciate you backing your coach, but history is on my side of this argument. try your best to remember, this all has been going on since several years before 2011.

i realize that most current fcs parents/students/fans/posters weren't affiliated with the school 2-3 years ago and probably didn't even know that it or mcneal existed before 2011, but it/he did and despite their recent success history is still overwhelming on tc/creasy's side.

Your problem is that you are basing the quality of the coach merely on the win/loss record.  When FC got shut out earlier that season McNeal made adjustments and look what happened.  TC was so focused on playing Boyd Buchanan the next week and didn't take little 'ol FC seriously and there you have it.  You know TC should have never lost 11.11.11.  Outcoached and started playing basketball.  And FC did win state that year easily and the following year with scores of 34-0 and 44-7.

Since FC likes to live in the past and bring up 11-11-11, heres a stat for ya!  TC has won 20 out of the last 26 meetings! The game on 9-13-13 is the only thing our boys are focused on!  I know that A.J. will play and we wouldn't want it any other way!  If he didn't that would be just an excuse that would be brought up!  TC-35  FC-21