Rhea Co. @ Walker Valley

Cope1822

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a legit roughing the kicker. Really felt like we beat ourself that game instead of WV beating us. We had some dropped balls we usually catch along with some pretty costly penalties. We should've finished that game early after jumping out big and just couldn't do it. Oh well though, that's why ya play the game.

Let this one get away from us. I'm sure Coach Pemberton will use this as a teaching point. He's been saying that penalties were going get us if we didn't correct them. And we had enough last night for several games, some deserved and some not so much. Shouldn't have mattered, the Eagles came out on fire, jumped out to nice lead and couldn't finish when it looked like it was going to be a runaway. Congrats to Coach Ryan and his team for the victory and good luck to Walker Valley the rest lf the year.

I was impressed with Rhea. They are not big but they swarm on defense and that alone will win you half your games. Plus they've hot about 4 kids that can run in the open field. I think they will be fine the rest of the year. Might even take a ride across the river to catch a game. Everyone who hasn't seen the new field if your team has an open date go be an Eagle for a nite it's worth the drive.

We shot ourselves in the foot one too many times. We jumped out early and tried to put it on cruise control. Once we did that, we couldn't get back in gear, hence the goose egg the second half. We had too many dropped balls and costly penalties. It may just be me, but exactly what was with the illegal procedure call that hammered us 6-8 times during the game? Nobody around my bunch could see what the line judge apparently saw time and time again. I'm not saying the zebras helped beat us because we made costly mistakes. However, they about ripped York's helmet off a couple times right in front of an official and we got a big no call.

JMO. Hopefully we'll get a good week of practice this week and be ready to jump back into the district schedule Friday against the Jets.

Agree about the non-call on York getting face masked, refs tryed to justify it saying that the defender only grabbed the back of the helmet, but it's obvious on film that he had the face mask with the other hand, but oh well that one play didn't lose the game for us (although, might have given us the break we needed to get back in it).  Alot of the procedure/false start penalties are us having two people in motion when the ball is snapped.  With this offense the wings go in motion and the ball is snapped quickly, if the qb is not set with that wing in motion it's two men in motion, instant flag.  Also, we did have some movement going on the line Friday as well as the center moved the ball a time or two.  All those flags were mostly legit unfortunately.