Big Games in Memphis - Week 3

kwc

This thing is starting to get serious. Everybody is trying to move up the ladder. (Rob_M ... I had to penalize you for the Trezevant game.)

I've selected twelve games from the Week 3 schedule; and they are as follows:

Big Games in Memphis - Week 3:

Game 1: Arlington @ Oakland

Game 2: Briarcrest @ Germantown

Game 3: Brighton @ Covington

Game 4: CBHS @ West Memphis, ARK

Game 5:Cordova @ Collierville (D)

Game 6: Craigmont vs Westwood @ Whitehaven (D)

Game 7 ECS @ St. George's

Game 8: Fairley vs Trezevant @ JP Freeman (D)

Game 9: Frayser vs Douglas @ Whitehaven (D)

Game 10: East vs White Station @ Kirby (D)

Game 11: Ridgeway @ Henry County

Game 12: Whitehaven vs Central @ Crump

My selections are as follows:

Game 1: Oakland

Both teams are 3-0 on the season. Oakland has vanquished Riverdale, White Station, and Siegel. Arlington has beaten Kirby, Collierville, and Bartlett. Although Riverdale is not the program it used to be in recent years, I still think Oakland has beaten stiffer competition to date. However, I want to acknowledge the QB at Arlington. He's been impressive. He was 33-49 for 335 yards and 1 INT (4 TD passes) against Collierville and he was 17-25 for 215 yards and 0 INT (1 TD pass) last week against Bartlett. He is the straw that stirs the drink for Arlington. I just don't think he'll be allowed to pick apart the Oakland 'D' like he was allowed against Kirby, Collierville, and Bartlett. Not to mention this game is in Oakland. I'm going with the Patriots in this one.

Game 2: Briarcrest

Germantown is allergic to the end zone.

Game 3: Covington

The game is at Covington. Neighborhood rivalry game. This could probably go either way, but I'm going with the 3-0 Chargers.

Game 4: CBHS

I think the new coach at CBHS is feeling the pressure of being the HC at such a historically good football program. CBHS losing to Southaven by a FG is painful. They gave up 45 points in the process. Southaven's passing game is the real deal because they burned CBHS's secondary for a whopping 401 yards through the air. However, if my memory serves me correctly, West Memphis is a ground and pound offense, which plays into CBHS's strength. This is a MUST win for coach Vogel. I'm going with the Purple Wave.

Game 5: Collierville

This is a district game and Cordova just isn't there yet. I think coach Jones will have the Wolves to a place of competitive respectability next year. This year, they give a valliant effort but come up short.

Game 6: Craigmont

This is just a gut feeling. This is also a district game. Westwood has lost to East and Trezevant the last two weeks. They only scored once in those two games. They gave up 42 and 36 respectively. Craigmont lost a close game to Wooddale and blew out Douglas and Raleigh Eygpt. I don't think Craigmont blows out Westwood, but I do think they beat them. I respect the schedule Westwood has played more then I do Craigmont's, but I'm rolling with the Chiefs in this one.

Game 7: ECS

ECS is on a roll and I don't think St. George's has what it takes to beat them. I'm picking the Eagles from Cordova.

Game 8: Trezevant

Fairley and Trezevant are both 2-1 on the year. Fairley has beaten Hillcrest and Douglas, but were blitzkrieged by Whitehaven. Trezevant beat Frayser and Westwood pretty easily and lost a nailbiter (field goal) to Southaven @ Southahven, 17-14. (The same south Southaven that beat CBHS by a FG, but that score was 45-42). The bears are just better. This is a district game being played at JP Freeman, but i don't think that matters a hill of beans in this one.

Game 9: Frayser

This is a district game. Why did I select it? Because I thought it would make you guys go bonkers trying to figure out which one to pick. Rams win this one.

Game 10: White Station

District game. 6A White Station vs 5A East at Kirby. There is no home field advantage in this game. East is 3-0 with vicories over Southwind, Westwood, and Overton. Two of those are shut-outs. White Station is 0-3 with losses to S. Panola, Oakland, and Whitehaven. East hasn't seen a team this year with this much talent. This will be a good game, but the Mustangs take their first loss of the year.

Game 11: Henry County

This is a game between two of the premier 5A programs in the state. Deffinately two of the better 5A teams in West Tennessee. Henry County is 3-0 with victories over Liberty Tech, Beech (Less Jalen Hurd, but still a good win), and Clarkville NW. They have scored 40 points or more in each game. Ridgeway is 1-1 with a loss to last year's MS large school state champ and a convincing win over Southwind. This game will involve two very good offenses. This game is being played at Henry County, which gives the Patriots the edge. This will be a track meet and whoever has the ball last could win, but I think the home field advantge is huge. Patriots win a thriller.

Game 12: Whitehaven

Central is 1-2 on the season. They have losses to Hernando (MS) and Melrose. Whitehaven is 3-0 with wins over Mitchell, Fairley, and White Station. This game is at Crump, but that doesn't mean squat in this game. This is a very important game because it is between two of the three 6A teams in District 16. Whitehaven has beaten the other 6A team in White Station. Central has improved, but not enough to beat "The Haven"

That's it for me.

This thing is starting to get serious. Everybody is trying to move up the ladder. (Rob_M ... I had to penalize you for the Trezevant game.)

I've selected twelve games from the Week 3 schedule; and they are as follows:

Big Games in Memphis - Week 3:

Game 1: Arlington @ Oakland

Game 2: Briarcrest @ Germantown

Game 3: Brighton @ Covington

Game 4: CBHS @ West Memphis, ARK

Game 5:Cordova @ Collierville (D)

Game 6: Craigmont vs Westwood @ Whitehaven (D)

Game 7 ECS @ St. George's

Game 8: Fairley vs Trezevant @ JP Freeman (D)

Game 9: Frayser vs Douglas @ Whitehaven (D)

Game 10: East vs White Station @ Kirby (D)

Game 11: Ridgeway @ Henry County

Game 12: Whitehaven vs Central @ Crump

My selections are as follows:

Game 1: Oakland

Both teams are 3-0 on the season. Oakland has vanquished Riverdale, White Station, and Siegel. Arlington has beaten Kirby, Collierville, and Bartlett. Although Riverdale is not the program it used to be in recent years, I still think Oakland has beaten stiffer competition to date. However, I want to acknowledge the QB at Arlington. He's been impressive. He was 33-49 for 335 yards and 1 INT (4 TD passes) against Collierville and he was 17-25 for 215 yards and 0 INT (1 TD pass) last week against Bartlett. He is the straw that stirs the drink for Arlington. I just don't think he'll be allowed to pick apart the Oakland 'D' like he was allowed against Kirby, Collierville, and Bartlett. Not to mention this game is in Oakland. I'm going with the Patriots in this one.

Game 2: Briarcrest

Germantown is allergic to the end zone.

Game 3: Covington

The game is at Covington. Neighborhood rivalry game. This could probably go either way, but I'm going with the 3-0 Chargers.

Game 4: CBHS

I think the new coach at CBHS is feeling the pressure of being the HC at such a historically good football program. CBHS losing to Southaven by a FG is painful. They gave up 45 points in the process. Southaven's passing game is the real deal because they burned CBHS's secondary for a whopping 401 yards through the air. However, if my memory serves me correctly, West Memphis is a ground and pound offense, which plays into CBHS's strength. This is a MUST win for coach Vogel. I'm going with the Purple Wave.

Game 5: Collierville

This is a district game and Cordova just isn't there yet. I think coach Jones will have the Wolves to a place of competitive respectability next year. This year, they give a valliant effort but come up short.

Game 6: Craigmont

This is just a gut feeling. This is also a district game. Westwood has lost to East and Trezevant the last two weeks. They only scored once in those two games. They gave up 42 and 36 respectively. Craigmont lost a close game to Wooddale and blew out Douglas and Raleigh Eygpt. I don't think Craigmont blows out Westwood, but I do think they beat them. I respect the schedule Westwood has played more then I do Craigmont's, but I'm rolling with the Chiefs in this one.

Game 7: ECS

ECS is on a roll and I don't think St. George's has what it takes to beat them. I'm picking the Eagles from Cordova.

Game 8: Trezevant

Fairley and Trezevant are both 2-1 on the year. Fairley has beaten Hillcrest and Douglas, but were blitzkrieged by Whitehaven. Trezevant beat Frayser and Westwood pretty easily and lost a nailbiter (field goal) to Southaven @ Southahven, 17-14. (The same south Southaven that beat CBHS by a FG, but that score was 45-42). The bears are just better. This is a district game being played at JP Freeman, but i don't think that matters a hill of beans in this one.

Game 9: Frayser

This is a district game. Why did I select it? Because I thought it would make you guys go bonkers trying to figure out which one to pick. Rams win this one.

Game 10: White Station

District game. 6A White Station vs 5A East at Kirby. There is no home field advantage in this game. East is 3-0 with vicories over Southwind, Westwood, and Overton. Two of those are shut-outs. White Station is 0-3 with losses to S. Panola, Oakland, and Whitehaven. East hasn't seen a team this year with this much talent. This will be a good game, but the Mustangs take their first loss of the year.

Game 11: Henry County

This is a game between two of the premier 5A programs in the state. Deffinately two of the better 5A teams in West Tennessee. Henry County is 3-0 with victories over Liberty Tech, Beech (Less Jalen Hurd, but still a good win), and Clarkville NW. They have scored 40 points or more in each game. Ridgeway is 1-1 with a loss to last year's MS large school state champ and a convincing win over Southwind. This game will involve two very good offenses. This game is being played at Henry County, which gives the Patriots the edge. This will be a track meet and whoever has the ball last could win, but I think the home field advantge is huge. Patriots win a thriller.

Game 12: Whitehaven

Central is 1-2 on the season. They have losses to Hernando (MS) and Melrose. Whitehaven is 3-0 with wins over Mitchell, Fairley, and White Station. This game is at Crump, but that doesn't mean squat in this game. This is a very important game because it is between two of the three 6A teams in District 16. Whitehaven has beaten the other 6A team in White Station. Central has improved, but not enough to beat "The Haven"

That's it for me.

KWC, You left off the M&M BOWL?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KWC, You left off the M&M BOWL?

Yeah I did dou. I just think Millington is far better then Munford. I don't think adding it now will be wise because some folks who have already made their selections may miss it. My appologies dou, I'll try to remember to add it next season. Munford my have improved enough by next season that they will warrant to be included in a BGIM thread.

kwc I will ask Zach today whats up with him. but that's been his m.o  his whole time at da haven. he is a talented young man but that injury bug gets him every year. we really shouldn't need him against central but its good to always have all hands on deck....

Cool. Let us know what kind of mindset he's in.

Coach, do me a favor ... let's take the Whitehaven talk to the Whitehaven/Central thread and leave this one to the 'Memphis area games' type of discussions.