Cascade @ Community

oldschoolchamp

Last year Community football looked like they might have turned the corner. They won some games and they were completive in most games. I thought I was beginning to see that spark that Community has always had in baseball and basketball. I know, it takes a while to build a football program and you have your ups and downs, 2 steps forward and 1 step back, etc. It all started with community support and youth programs. It takes some support from the parents and some dads willing to give the time to help the kids learn the game at an early age. So what's the problem ?

Yes unfortunately Frost and his children are still at community. Its time for a change! Don't fault the dads or the youth program. Our youth teams frequently have 5-7 dads coaching each team but when the middle school coach is as pompous and arrogant as Reid their help is not needed or wanted. Several of our best players that came up from flag have elected to Transfer to other schools or even move out of the county before playing for the middle school coach. You would think that Frost would vacate his position just as a matter of self- respect. Ie: I'm not having any success here so for the betterment of the team and the school I will step down.

Yes unfortunately Frost and his children are still at community. Its time for a change! Don't fault the dads or the youth program. Our youth teams frequently have 5-7 dads coaching each team but when the middle school coach is as pompous and arrogant as Reid their help is not needed or wanted. Several of our best players that came up from flag have elected to Transfer to other schools or even move out of the county before playing for the middle school coach. You would think that Frost would vacate his position just as a matter of self- respect. Ie: I'm not having any success here so for the betterment of the team and the school I will step down.

I'm not faulting anybody, just asking the question. What's the problem at Community? Sounds like you have an option. I am sure that given time the Community program will make a name for it's self. In the mean time just hang in there and support the team.

Edited by boxman

Community made a game of it in the first half. I was impress with the way their O-line played and they were able to move the ball on the ground but they continually shot themselves in the foot. Cascade was the better team but I think they were a little surprised at how hard the Community boys wanted to win this one... (although I don't know why they were surprised).

Anyway, Cascade came back after the half and pretty much dominated the second half.

Hats off to cascade they played a good game and and got a deserved win. I almost could not believe staring up at the clock late in the 3rd, Vikings down by 7 and they had the ball on the 2. After Community failed to score they game was over; It almost seemed like Community lost all hope and went back to playing like they had almost all year. I got to give the coaches some credit as two weeks in a row they totally changed up the offense just to try and get something going. Last night Community were able to move the ball consistently for 3 qts, but a fumble here, and interception there, and several penalties later no scores. Moving Harris to the backfield worked wonders, they just needed a perfect game and they didn't have one. On the other hand Community has not had any kind of offense all year and I will take 3 quarters of good game play.

Good Luck Cascade, also please don't take this the wrong way. I think you guys could do something good this season; however you guys have got to work hard on your special teams.