OOLTEWAH OWLS VS. EAST HAMILTON HURRICANES

PassiveAggressive

I didn't say that the Owls suck, or that your coach sucks, or that the future wasn't bright.  I just think the short term future looks a little gloomy.

As for the final play of our game.  Herndon even said that they had been practicing blocked PAT's and FG's.  Great individual effort by a great player, but coaching put him in the position to make that play.

Ok...so it was coaching......Sorry you think it's gloomy in hootervilles short term future. it is not determined by what happens on Friday night......it's more Important to the x-owl who defected from Hooterville that his new team gets a win against his old team....so he can feel better.....

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...so it was coaching......Sorry you think it's gloomy in hootervilles short term future. it is not determined by what happens on Friday night......it's more Important to the x-owl who defected from Hooterville that his new team gets a win against his old team....so he can feel better.....

Is that why the Owls dropped the next 3 games after they played East Hamilton last year?  This is Ooltewah's Super Bowl.  It was obvious last year and it's obvious again this year considering one of the first things the new head coach said when he got to the Owl's Nest was that he wanted to beat East Hamilton.

Don't front, playa.   :thumb:

I like last years team to be honest...21 was hurt so didn't see him a lot but he did play well against Owls....and #18 was your offense and #17, #55 was the anchor of the defense.....in your mind you know who will win this game.....but in your heart you know who you want to win this game......good luck.....

Last years team was special, all of those Sr’s had started since they were freshman (14 years old) so they had 3 years of playing experience behind them. They also got there teeth kicked in for the first 2 years, they where beaten black and blue, they had teams mercy rule them, they got a district title there Jr year, but got there butts kicked in the 3 non district games (Signal, Ooltewah, Bradley) They were very hungry last year. That team had on the field leaders, something that is missing this year but there are a couple of kids starting too step up last 2 games.

#17 was a great LB and played hard, he was not the anchor most folks did not know the kid played hurt all year, #55 was a key player and had a good motor, I would say he was an anchor. Make no mistake the key anchor last year is still playing it is #10. Most teams we have played run the other way, thus last Friday he has the option to moved to the other side he is also now getting help from the younger LB’ers all Jr’s. #56 is a stud and has gotten better every game. The DB’s are a strong unit. Mike Mike is a top wide out for you guys and has great hands and can hurt defenses. Mike Mike will have to do it against a SEC recruit this week #21 will go with him 1 on 1.

Also #9 a Jr, who is built Just like #21 and will be a another top recruit next year just like #21 also #1 the other twin is pretty good, Binder will see his toughest challenge this week. Binder has the talent and brains to do well.

Folks still do not get it on offence, #18 was a stud and was a 25 carriers a game guy we do not have that this year. #6 is smaller he is a scat back, yes he has done well but he is seeing a lot of 8 in the box this year and our run game is not what it once was( he has 300 yards rushing he also has over 150 yards reciving a little different then #18). With Sands out there is only one returning starter on that line the center. I was told it is work in progress.

#18 last year is a good friend and we tweet back and forth also his dad and I are very good friends so what I am about too say is not a slam on him at all. THE O LINE IS MISSING 3 KEY STUDS THAT HAVE GRADUATED! 2 of those guys 6’4 305 1st team all state, 5’11 280 1st team all state, and 6’2 285 2nd team all state and was 1st team all state pre season who is staring as a freshman in college this year. Yes we are not as good as last year. But this year’s O line is bigger and still learning and they will all be back next year.

As for my mind you will find out very quick as in today what’s in it.

Here this…….. I have more concerns for Cleveland then I do you and the Owls.

Edited by chattacane

What concerns you about my raiders

I picked you guys to win the district...... So this is not new.

1st off, the coach he is a class guy been around a long time. He understood that Cleveland was a rebuild mostly in the culture. He has this team getting better each week he will tweak this and that but he fixes things that don’t work.

2nd, you have athletes, always have..

3rd everybody and there brother knows that the great ones end up at either Bradley or Cleveland, the middle school great ones are headed Cleveland’s ways lately.

4th great support from the boosters and fans when you have that going makes life easier on the coaching staff.

5th your QB enough said.

hit the weight room and you better eat your Wheaties ......we reload every year....never a whipping board...haven't been district champs since 08......looking at the Big picture......bring everything you got .....and you being an ex-Owl......you know what we bring to the table.....GO OWLS!!!!!.....Cleveland (my pic)will be watching.....

What is the big picture..... Get to the playoffs that is the only picture. Trust me we will come to play..... Can the Owls win this game? Yes, would it be an upset NO! We have respect for your team.....

Is that why the Owls dropped the next 3 games after they played East Hamilton last year?  This is Ooltewah's Super Bowl.  It was obvious last year and it's obvious again this year considering one of the first things the new head coach said when he got to the Owl's Nest was that he wanted to beat East Hamilton.

Don't front, playa.   :thumb:

Last year after the East Ham game the Owls where so beat up, that’s why they lost the next 3 games he knows that. As for the new coach wanting to beat us, sure he does there Principal is bent on beating us, he cannot stand us. Fact last year’s game he brought each and every coach in and told them how important beating us was…… He put so much pressure on Coach Williams to beat us.

Hooterville hates us, because we are the new guys they think we are snobby. When the schools split they the Owl coaches and administration, worked over a lot of 7th and 8th graders to stay at Hooterville, Coach Williams at the middle school worked like a dog, phone calls were made. Heck when they rezoned and Hooterville got some back the Principal made 4 phone calls to footballers at East Ham, trying to get them back.

“Come on back we take really good care of our playersâ€. They freaking hate our guts.

Sure the new coach wants to beat us, it was the first thing he heard when he interviewed.

Edited by chattacane

I didn't say that the Owls suck, or that your coach sucks, or that the future wasn't bright.  I just think the short term future looks a little gloomy.

As for the final play of our game.  Herndon even said that they had been practicing blocked PAT's and FG's.  Great individual effort by a great player, but coaching put him in the position to make that play.  I saw it coming when they lined up.  We should have called a time out if we had one left.  You can't let a DI commit come off the edge untouched.

Here this, we have played a very tough schedule, Yea, kingsport DB is rebuilding still a pretty good team and will make the 6A payoffs, Riverdale is down and they have issues, but they have some gamers and can play. heck they play in the toughest district in Tennessee, there 2 easiest games was us and Bradley.

Here this Passive the best team we have played, the best coached team we have played, and they would be a top 2 or 3 team in our district is Signal(Thank God it was week 1). They physicaly beat us to death. I will restate this again after we play you.

Edited by chattacane

The following  is all IMO:

I am going off the following things: I have seen every East Ham games. I have seen all the owl games on Hudl. Granted its film but it gives insight. I also talked to folks who have seen all the Owl games.

Offense:

The O line I got it as a draw, maybe a slight edge to Owls. East Ham is bigger but less experienced, the 2 balance themselves out.

Advantage: Draw

The QB’s. This one is very hard, both will play next year on Saturdays, Binder may play baseball.

Wide outs advantage East Ham, Mike Mike is a great one, but #22, is as good, also # 15, is very good, #11 can play, then throw in #21 and he will play more this week at wide out. #6 the I back has over 200 yards receiving out of the backfield.

Advantage: East Ham

Tight Ends #81 for East Ham is a D1 prospect enough said.

Running backs not even close the Pittbull is the real deal, and the other cat is special too.

Advantage: Owls

Kicking game still not close both punting and place kicking.

Defense:

The line this was not close but with Sands out it gets close.

LB this is dead even both teams have young raw talent, Gatewood is special but owls will run the other way, unless he can flip flop and make it work.

DB this is like the running game, not close.

Home field.

Team speed.

Pure athlete’s things you cannot coach.

Pressure to win it’s all on East Ham

Coaching only the separation of the head coaches.

Who wins>>>>>> Pick it! It will be a war, turn over’s at key times, yellow flags.

And like last year could it be who has the ball last wins it?

Edited by chattacane

Should be one of the better games this year.

Agreed. I heard the Cleveland QB on the radio saturday and was very impressed with his maturity. But what impressed me the most was your coach's trust in your QB to make the audible at the line of scrimmage. This is where the Canes are the weakest. We have to run the play called regardless of how we may be out-numbered in the box. State Champion caliber teams have QB's who are allowed to change the play at the line of scrimmage depending on the defense alignment. I really liked what I heard on your alls strategy regarding this area.

I differ with ChattaCane on a couple of his picks. Though Ooltewah has a haus who is definitely a brute, I think East Hamilton has the better running back. The difference is purely the offensive line. We have size but not strength or aggressiveness up front. The proof is when #6 touched the ball last year he was getting TD's or long runs on MOST of his carries. This year we have a VERY inexperienced line that is improving but has yet to make the holes for #6 to run through. You can't run when you are getting hit as soon as you touch the ball and you definitely can't run up the middle with a scat back. We do not play into our strengths until we are deep in the hole. Last year East Hamilton clearly had the more talented team but Coach Williams called a better game. The screen pass was a back breaker.

I think this years teams are more comparable but I think EH has the better QB and the better receivers. I think one of our best receivers was overlooked by ChattaCane. #8 has been clutch for us when we needed him. Not the fastest guy but I would say he has the best hands on the team. Other than that I think ChattaCane did all right with his picks. Just wish our coach would allow our QB the same trust Cleveland gives theirs.

GO HURRICANES!