What is the thoughts on Dyersburg

YouvebeenTebowed

careful...it was fayette ware

Agree 100%....I think it had been like 58 games since they have won.......

But give Fayette Ware respect however, even though the score was 55 to 0 at the half, they continued to have great fan support that cheered their team on.

Next Friday Crocket County comes to town. Lets see if some pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree 100%....I think it had been like 58 games since they have won.......

But give Fayette Ware respect however, even though the score was 55 to 0 at the half, they continued to have great fan support that cheered their team on.

Next Friday Crocket County comes to town. Lets see if some pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together.

Both teams need a leg up in district ..nothing like this one to start with

well...1 of these 2 teams is pretending...

my question is how did haywood beat the trojans???

crockett hopefully wont be ranked after this week...give it to a real team that deserves it...covington or liberty

Dyersburg started the season with a lot of injuries, especially on the defensive side of the ball. In the Haywood game, we had 6 starters out, plus a piss poor offensive performance and a 100 yards in penalties. Dyersburg should have scored 50 on Haywood.

Crockett was the first game this season that everyone was back, with exception of the preseason all state selection defensive end Henderson who is out for the season.

Dyersburg's defense, which has looked, well to be honest, just horrible at the start of the season, looked dang tuff last night with everyone back, as they just shut Crockett down.

In the week before the Haywood game, JCM had success with the "big play" against DHS. Their opening drive included a 50+ yard pass play and they had two kickoff returns for touchdowns. Fortunately DHS was able to move the ball and get enough stops.

Entering the game against Haywood, "big play" was still on my mind as a banged up Trojan squad took the field. Haywood had TD plays of 78, 70, 60, 36 yards (as time expired in the 2nd), 85, and 80 yards. As mg mentioned above, the Trojans also had several great scoring opportunities that resulted in no points. Add 14 penalties for 113 yards and you have the recipe for a loss. 

I believe I recall mg pointing out earlier this season that the success of this season would be determined on the health of the team.