Week 5 - #7 - NCS @ Jo Byrns

ArtVandelayTN

Great win tonight by Jo Byrns over Eagleville, a shocking win....NCS trounced Davidson Academy 51-7, however our 6-7 260 lb tackle and senior QB both were injured and are questionable for the Jo Byrns game.

So I'm go to eat pre-game crow and predict Jo Bryns 28 - NCS - 24 unfortunately. JB has obviously gelled since the loss to Lancaster Christian and playing at the Dungeon next Friday  along with NCS's injuries tonight will in all likelihood add up to a long trip home from Cedar Hill for us NCS fans.

Well looks like the odds are stacked against the Devils this week ! The efforts I saw las night is an indication of jus a group of boys that work hard and play with all they've got, NC I'm sure will be heavily favored but I'm not completely sold out on the Devils in this game either, NC is currently making progressive steps to being a well known name among the ranks, we welcome the challenge cause the Devils know the level of play you have to play with to achieve a deep run come nov. win or lose if the Devils play with the fire and efforts I saw against eagleville then I and many others will be pleased, we certainly will have to tackle better this week ! I think the Devils will be well prepared and excited to accept the challenge under those Friday night lights at the Dungeon, this week will or should give a great indication of what each team pocesses, Go Red Devils !

Eagleville's 3-0 start came against opponents with a combined record of 0-11, so Jo Byrns win is not as impressive as I first thought. Maybe NCS will be ok even with a backup QB. It's going to be a war and it will be a playoff atmosphere.

Records can be deceiving; Eagleville is a good football team.  I like to describe teams in terms of how far I think they'll make it in the playoffs.  I think Eagleville is a 2nd round playoff team, some years a third round team.  They've got good size up front, they're athletic, the QB has a great arm, the RB is very good, and they get after it on defense.  JB beat a good football team last night.  I described this JB team as a second round team early on.  With that said, the past couple of years 1A in this area has been pretty weak compared to years past and both Eagleville & JB could easily make the 3rd round with what I saw last night, probably even the semifinals.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to NCS coming up to the Dungeon.  NCS is obviously very good; they've pretty much blown out everybody they've played.  I did watch a good bit of their game against Ezell-Harding and I was impressed.  I would describe them as a semi-final team at this point.  So in my opinion, NCS is better than JB. A lot of that has to do with NCS having a better run game than JB.  You've got to be able to run the ball in Nov/Dec.  JB is no slouch though; I think we'll give NCS all they want.

So how much better is NCS than JB?  We'll soon find out.  If NCS is without their QB will that be enough to give JB the advantage? 

Records can be deceiving; Eagleville is a good football team.  I like to describe teams in terms of how far I think they'll make it in the playoffs.  I think Eagleville is a 2nd round playoff team, some years a third round team.  They've got good size up front, they're athletic, the QB has a great arm, the RB is very good, and they get after it on defense.  JB beat a good football team last night.  I described this JB team as a second round team early on.  With that said, the past couple of years 1A in this area has been pretty weak compared to years past and both Eagleville & JB could easily make the 3rd round with what I saw last night, probably even the semifinals.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to NCS coming up to the Dungeon.  NCS is obviously very good; they've pretty much blown out everybody they've played.  I did watch a good bit of their game against Ezell-Harding and I was impressed.  I would describe them as a semi-final team at this point.  So in my opinion, NCS is better than JB. A lot of that has to do with NCS having a better run game than JB.  You've got to be able to run the ball in Nov/Dec.  JB is no slouch though; I think we'll give NCS all they want.

So how much better is NCS than JB?  We'll soon find out.  If NCS is without their QB will that be enough to give JB the advantage? 

good seeing you and Old Shep last night, Buddy.  Good luck to the Devils the rest of the way.