Week 5 - #7 - NCS @ Jo Byrns

ArtVandelayTN

LOL.  NCS did the right thing and self reported something that would have probably never been noticed or found by anyone. The player in questions was a 3rd sting sophomore athlete who never saw the field.  Please tell me of a public school who has ever self reported and forfeited a game like this?

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130910/SPORTS07/309100082/Nashville-Christian-forfeits-win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPPyGLhS58

Did you acutally read or listen to your own sources. You said he never seen the field??? HELLO! If he had not seen the field and not participated, there would not have been a forfeit. 3rd string, what's that in 1A football. Way to build the kid up and make him seem ilrevelant. I thought ALL transfer students had to be cleared by TSSAA before they played????

Did you acutally read or listen to your own sources. You said he never seen the field??? HELLO! If he had not seen the field and not participated, there would not have been a forfeit. 3rd string, what's that in 1A football. Way to build the kid up and make him seem ilrevelant. I thought ALL transfer students had to be cleared by TSSAA before they played????

(1) He was not a transfer student

(2) Being 3rd string as a sophomore is not unusual nor something to be ashamed of. I suspect you were 3rd string once (probably your senior year)

aNother Cheating private School...

Can anyone throw out an example of public school who has self reported to forfeit a game?  

Don't let Shady get to you, he's evidently known as the village idiot down around Chattanooga.

OzziePossum, on 15 Sept 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:snapback.png

Slim is no expert ... He's the guy that calls into the sports-talk show on the drive home then everyone makes fun of for the next couple of hours.  I'd disregard his 'expert opinion'.

(1) He was not a transfer student

(2) Being 3rd string as a sophomore is not unusual nor something to be ashamed of. I suspect you were 3rd string once (probably your senior year)

The issue are

1) you played an in-eligible student. FACT!

2) then you want some type of accolades for reporting it? Because no other school would??

3) then you want to minimize the the deed as if it didn't matter anyway cause the player was 3rd string and didn't participate? But he did or it would not have been a violation.

Bottom line!

Should not have happened!

Reporting it was not a choice!

Never minimize a misdeed cause it makes you seem insincere.

Also never go on camera a try to seem like a saint for reporting a violation. You had to report it.