Fayetteville vs Moore County

FayettevilleTigers

Congratulations to MC on a much needed win.  It wasn't high scoring and at times it wasn't pretty, but a win's a win.  Hopefully, the offense can start putting up a few more points and MC can get back on track.  I don't know that it made any difference in the final score, but the officials were not very good.

I will come on and eat my crow. I said earlier in the week the MC was at a crossroad. They played inspired football last night. Hats off to them! They got after Fayettevilles offense all night and really pressured the QB. The Tiger D played yet another good game only holding MC to just 6 points. Our young team will learn from this and grow and mature from it. Good Luck to MC the rest of the season and it's always great to be a Tiger!!!

I will come on and eat my crow. I said earlier in the week the MC was at a crossroad. They played inspired football last night. Hats off to them! They got after Fayettevilles offense all night and really pressured the QB. The Tiger D played yet another good game only holding MC to just 6 points. Our young team will learn from this and grow and mature from it. Good Luck to MC the rest of the season and it's always great to be a Tiger!!!

First class post +1

As a Tigerfan, I must say that this was one of the worst football games that I have seen. Our offense was awful but our defense was on point., During the game there were numerous delays due to an inefficient scoreboard. It would start and stop so the players and refrees were just standing in the field. This was a hard fought and due the bad luck of a blocked punt, we came out on the losing end. We are still very confident of our players,coaches and team. It's only midway I the season - so it ain 't over yet! Best of luck MC in your upcoming games, a great win for you.

First class post +1

I went to school at Moore County. But I lived in Fayetteville mid 60's to late 70's Fayetteville-Lincoln County football fans are some of the best. Coach Palmer and the Tigers are the real deal. Congrats to Coach Smith and the Raiders for the hard fought win. These two teams will probably face each other again in the playoffs. Trivia question. Name 3 Moore County graduates that have coached in the Fayetteville School System. Billy Joe Evans was head coach and Bob Edens his assistant coach at Fayetteville Central. Max Raby was head coach at Fayetteville Jr. High for a number of years.

Congratulations to MC on a much needed win.  It wasn't high scoring and at times it wasn't pretty, but a win's a win.  Hopefully, the offense can start putting up a few more points and MC can get back on track.  I don't know that it made any difference in the final score, but the officials were not very good.

I'll have to agree.  The zebras took the game away from both teams with their calls--or non-calls.  Worst I've seen in a long time.  MC played great and FHS couldn't overcome the conditions.  Time to move on and prepare for a tough Wayne County team at their house.  It was a wake up call for our boys.  Let's go Tigers!

Was this game played in the rain?

No rain for us Friday, just a few sprinkles, but electrical issues (?) with the scoreboard delayed play, slowed down momentum for FHS.  No working play clock the whole game.  Someone came into the press box where the FHS radio guys were and told them they had to turn off their lights, had to work in the dark most of the game!  Funny, the lights stayed on in the other press box rooms.  Hmmm.  At least MC has a couple of weeks to "fix" the problem before the next home game.

wheres all the Fayetteville trash talkers now??

Sorry I couldn't answer your question Friday night.  We're still here, getting ready for a tough Wayne County team that has a stingy defense and an offense that is averaging 20 points a game.  Unlike Moore County.  Good luck this week, beat Cascade!