Upcoming freshmen in East TN

SweetScience

Today (and tomorrow) Catholic High School will be hosting the 14th annual Fighting Irish Freshman Shoot-Out Classic. The game times are as followed:

10 am Karns vs. William Blount

11:30 am Powell vs Heritage

1:00 pm Bearden vs. Clinton

2:30 pm West vs. Dobbyns-Bennett

Tomorrow will be semi-finals and consolation play starting at 9 am and playing all day.

Oak Ridge's Anthony Gibson doesn't get enough credit being in the same class with Tee Higgins. Gibson dropped 42 on West's freshmen recently. When they get older, I don't think its going to be just the Higgins show. Great freshman class at OR.

I think Gibson and point guard EJ Bush will join the football team next year. Just keeps getting better.

Edited by OR nole

Oak Ridge's Anthony Gibson doesn't get enough credit being in the same class with Tee Higgins. Gibson dropped 42 on West's freshmen recently. When they get older, I don't think its going to be just the Higgins show. Great freshman class at OR.

I think Gibson and point guard EJ Bush will join the football team next year. Just keeps getting better.

Saw West Freshman at Catholics freshman tournament and they finished in 7th place, barely beating William Blount. So I'm assuming Oak Ridge blew them out? FYI Karns won the tournament. They defeated Heritage 78-70, Heritage had a kid score 37!

Kevin Cameron started in place of one of the starting seniors on Tyner's team and scored 26 pts.

Cameron was the highest scorer on either team when Tyner beat East Ridge Tuesday night.

You will hear about this young man a lot in the coming years!

Check out this article:

http://www.nooga.com/164513/tyner-takes-care-of-east-ridge-68-57/

Saw West Freshman at Catholics freshman tournament and they finished in 7th place, barely beating William Blount. So I'm assuming Oak Ridge blew them out? FYI Karns won the tournament. They defeated Heritage 78-70, Heritage had a kid score 37!

Yes. Not knowing anything about West's young guys, I just assumed they had athletes and were competitive. maybe not so much. 

Kevin Cameron started in place of one of the starting seniors on Tyner's team and scored 26 pts.

Cameron was the highest scorer on either team when Tyner beat East Ridge Tuesday night.

You will hear about this young man a lot in the coming years!

I watched them play at Siegel last Friday, and yes he is a very good player. I didn't realize he was a freshman, that makes me even more impressed with him. He certainly didn't play like a freshman. He definitely has a bright future.