Powell at Anderson County (9/27/13)

Space3

SS, I assure you Fox is faster than Gardin unless G can beat a 4.3 40. That is being conservative of Fox's speed. I see this one close for a quarter then AC opens it up. Too many weapons.

Oh boy, here we go with 40 times. A lot of college guys don't even run a legit 4.3. I've watched Fox live...he's not a 4.3 (I've seen kids a lot faster this yr), and for you to say that's being conservative, then sir, that is a dumb statement. Edited by powellphoto

Fox is a beast without a doubt!  I'd even say he compares favorably in ability and especially strength to any back in East Tennessee.  But Rollins and Hawkins don't run legit 4.3s.  And they are faster than Fox.  And Powellphoto, an overwhelming majority of college guys don't run that fast.  Here are the 15 fastest 40 times for receivers in the 2013 NFL combine:

1. Marquise Goodwin Texas 4.27  2. Tavon Austin West Virginia  4.34   3. Ryan Swope  Texas A&M 4.34 4. Josh Boyce  TCU 4.38   5. Kenny Stills Oklahoma 4.38   6. Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee  4.42     7. Corey Fuller Virginia Tech 4.43     8. Denard Robinson Michigan 4.43     9. Justin Hunter Tennessee 4.44     10. Markus Wheaton Oregon State 4.45    11. Lanear Sampson Baylor 4.46     12. Mark Harrison Rutgers 4.46    13. King Tavarres Georgia 4.47     14. Ryan Spadola Lehigh 4.48      15. Tyrone Goard Eastern Kentucky 4.50

Only the top five broke into the 4.3s level or better. 

Edited by MavMaximus

Fox is a beast without a doubt! I'd even say he compares favorably in ability and especially strength to any back in East Tennessee. But Rollins and Hawkins don't run legit 4.3s. And they are faster than Fox. And Powellphoto, an overwhelming majority of college guys don't run that fast. Here are the 15 fastest 40 times for receivers in the 2013 NFL combine:

1. Marquise Goodwin Texas 4.27 2. Tavon Austin West Virginia 4.34 3. Ryan Swope Texas A&M 4.34 4. Josh Boyce TCU 4.38 5. Kenny Stills Oklahoma 4.38 6. Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee 4.42 7. Corey Fuller Virginia Tech 4.43 8. Denard Robinson Michigan 4.43 9. Justin Hunter Tennessee 4.44 10. Markus Wheaton Oregon State 4.45 11. Lanear Sampson Baylor 4.46 12. Mark Harrison Rutgers 4.46 13. King Tavarres Georgia 4.47 14. Ryan Spadola Lehigh 4.48 15. Tyrone Goard Eastern Kentucky 4.50

Only the top five broke into the 4.3s level or better.

I agree with you 100%. Tell that to Foxman43 up there. Edited by powellphoto

There was a WR at Clinton a few years ago that ran a legit low 4.3. I can't remember his name but I was there when they clocked him. He is now on track scholarship for good reason! Fast as lightening but weighed like 90 pounds lol. It is extremely rare to ever see someone run a sub 4.3 or a flat 4.3.

Gardin is a track guy, but have no clue how fast he really is. It's rare to see a flat 4.4. Lol Edited by powellphoto

I would say that Fox is in the low 4.5 range, the thing is though that so is Foust, Strickland and Johnson.  With a better line and more overall team speed I think AC pulls this one out by 14.  Still though with the history of this game there is no telling, this has become a pretty big rivalry the past few seasons and they just do not like each other.  Las year AC was the clear underdog and almost pulled it out and a few seasons back Powell was undefeated and AC upset them in the playoffs at powell, so the underdog usually fairs well in this one.  With that said, I just do not see how if Powell is that much of a threat, how did they only beat Karns 19-13 and AC was up on Karns 42-0 at the half.  Not saying that matters, but just does not make sense, Karns did not have a good front or good team speed and contained powell offense.

I would say that Fox is in the low 4.5 range, the thing is though that so is Foust, Strickland and Johnson. With a better line and more overall team speed I think AC pulls this one out by 14. Still though with the history of this game there is no telling, this has become a pretty big rivalry the past few seasons and they just do not like each other. Las year AC was the clear underdog and almost pulled it out and a few seasons back Powell was undefeated and AC upset them in the playoffs at powell, so the underdog usually fairs well in this one. With that said, I just do not see how if Powell is that much of a threat, how did they only beat Karns 19-13 and AC was up on Karns 42-0 at the half. Not saying that matters, but just does not make sense, Karns did not have a good front or good team speed and contained powell offense.

penalties....a lot of penalties at the worst times. Killed atleast 5 powell drives deep in Karns territory. Powell can be a very good offensive team when they don't shoot themselves in the foot. It's about like me saying, oh your barely beat campbell county, which almost got beat by central and clinton. In the end, how scores played out in other games doesn't matter. I do see where you're coming from, though. Edited by powellphoto

penalties....a lot of penalties at the worst times. Killed atleast 5 powell drives deep in Karns territory. Powell can be a very good offensive team when they don't shoot themselves in the foot. It's about like me saying, oh your barely beat campbell county, which almost got beat by central and clinton. In the end, how scores played out in other games doesn't matter. I do see where you're coming from, though.

That's fine, I can understand that, I did not see any of the game, but to only beat Karns by 6?  Penalties or not that just does not add up.  AC did not have to drive and drives do not = the speed that is being talked about, I would have thought that Powell could have broke at least 2 more big plays, with penalties killing 5 drives Powell should have still beat them by 3 scores...Karns is Awful.