Walker Valley @ Polk County

Charlie Murphy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polk better not come out like they have the last two weeks or WV will put a hurting on them fast. Miller will be Miller even at 90 to 95 percent. The one thing Polk needs is  the offensive line to get back into enforcing their will. The o-line play against Central wasn't pretty and Miller and the other back need the holes to make anything happen. Hoping the Cats get back to the team I saw the first two games and play that smash mouth football everyone knows them for. Also I notice against Central our Polk fans was dead and that surprised me big time never heard the crowd that quite. The fans should be ashamed of that. Polk is known for the great fans and fan support and last Friday I was very disappointed. But anyways hoping for a good game and a injury free game. Goof luck to both teams and hope everyone comes out injury free.

I like Polk in this one. Walker can play good or bad. The d at times is good and swarming the ball then they will just kind of sit back. Their coach said it best the other week. They can play with everybody in the schedule but can easily lose to them also. Speaks of how young they are. Polk has one of my favorite players in Miller but the other kid Wimberly? Not sure of his name has been getting better according to dome of their fans I've talked to. Turnovers have been huge in all WVs games. Both ways. I think Polk wins 35 to 24. Unless WV coach lets the little freshman with the speed carry it 15 to 20 times. He doesn't get enough carries on the freshman or jv team.

Polk has an awesome kid in miller in more ways than one, but that is it... Davis is probably the one of if not the best coach in the area and Polk has BY FAR the best back drop of any stadium in the state that I have seen.

That being said, miller will be shut down again, no fault of his own or coaches, but they have been exposed and WV will take advantage.

Poontangs in a close one 28-20

Let's not start shoveling dirt on Polk's grave just yet. They are 3-1 even with lackluster performance. They still beat Central by a TD, and were an extra point away from being 4-0, even with these uncharacteristic performances.

The past two seasons,, especially last season, Walker Valley has come into this game feeling pretty good about their chances, and 3 quarters later, they would get their first 1st down....

Let's see how the seniors respond tonight.