Loretto vs. Mt. Pleasant

lowtn

That 12th man almost cost Loretto the game.  Lost an on side kick that only went 9 yards after the MTP guy touched it when it had only went 7 yds.  They replayed it from Mustang TV, only replay was not allowed. 

MTP has a pretty good team with some speed, they do need to hang on to the ball better and cut down on those fumbles.  I think Mtp only lost one tonight.  Glad the Mustangs got the win and good luck to you and your TIgers Big Bigby.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That 12th man almost cost Loretto the game. Lost an on side kick that only went 9 yards after the MTP guy touched it when it had only went 7 yds. They replayed it from Mustang TV, only replay was not allowed.

MTP has a pretty good team with some speed, they do need to hang on to the ball better and cut down on those fumbles. I think Mtp only lost one tonight. Glad the Mustangs got the win and good luck to you and your TIgers Big Bigby.

Officiating was decent at first, then for some reason after the half, they lost it for a bit.... Loretto played well, did what it took to win the game, so I am not putting no wrong doing on them. Played well. Just funny how the flags eased up after the game was outta reach. That's on the ref in the white hat.

Unbelievable no roughing the passer call on the take down of mTp's QB with the arm wrapped around the neck slamed down from behind while attemting a pass. I have seen A LOT lesser take downs get called. Luckily Crawford was only stung by it, not badly hurt. He did return a few plays later.

#5' s bad decision twice, one in running with the punt instead of punting and 2nd, throwing that interception into 3 on 1 coverage instead of going on and running with it really hurt. mTp needed to score that drive. That set up 2 of yalls scores with short field advantage to do it in. But hey.....#5 is a good weapon for us and he can't always make the best decision under that kind of pressure all the time, so he is still our man.

Anyways, congrats again on the W, and same to your group. Good luck the rest of yall's season too.

Edited by Big Bigby

Officiating was decent at first, then for some reason after the half, they lost it for a bit.... Loretto played well, did what it took to win the game, so I am not putting no wrong doing on them. Played well. Just funny how the flags eased up after the game was outta reach. That's on the ref in the white hat.

Unbelievable no roughing the passer call on the take down of mTp's QB with the arm wrapped around the neck slamed down from behind while attemting a pass. I have seen A LOT lesser take downs get called. Luckily Crawford was only stung by it, not badly hurt. He did return a few plays later.

#5' s bad decision twice, one in running with the punt instead of punting and 2nd, throwing that interception into 3 on 1 coverage instead of going on and running with it really hurt. mTp needed to score that drive. That set up 2 of yalls scores with short field advantage to do it in.

Anyways, congrats again on the W, and same to your group. Good luck the rest of yall's season too.

Roughing the passer??? We tackled him while he STILL HAD THE BALL. Fact is, they blew the call on the insides kick that the kid touched after 7 yards and said Loretto fumbled on a play that should've been blown dead inside the MP 15 yard line that cost us a chance to score at the end of the 1st half. Granted, that crew is bad and has been before, but the calls didn't cost MP the game. MP has some great athletes, but we made plays. Our OL took some control in the 2nd half. MP had trouble then when we ran straight at the with our fullback. Ryan Ward (FB) played one of the best game I've seen him play. Good luck the rest of the way.

#5' s bad decision twice, one in running with the punt instead of punting and 2nd, throwing that interception into 3 on 1 coverage instead of going on and running with it really hurt. mTp needed to score that drive. That set up 2 of yalls scores with short field advantage to do it in. But hey.....#5 is a good weapon for us and he can't always make the best decision under that kind of pressure all the time, so he is still our man.

It may not have been called "Roughing the Passer" because it was a fair play.  Looked good from where I was sitting. If I am not mistaken that was Byrd on that play and he had a great game for the Mustangs. 

It may not have been called "Roughing the Passer" because it was a fair play. Looked good from where I was sitting. If I am not mistaken that was Byrd on that play and he had a great game for the Mustangs.

One year at Collinwood, an mTp player grabbed the CW QB by the jersey, that's all he got of him, spun him around in a circle to the ground and the CW QB jumped right up from it yet that was flagged for a 15 yard personal foul, roughing the QB, unnecessary roughness.

Last night, the mTp QB was grabbed around the neck from his backside, in choke hold style, taken backwards horse collar like, to the ground hard while in a passing position and left laying there in pain from it stopping the game for a few minutes..... Yet That didn't warrant in the least roughing the passer or 'Unnecessary Roughness'..?.?.?

Look, I am not blaming the player for the tackle. That is just going to happen during the play of ball... I am blaming the ref for not making the call when so many other lesser calls was put against mTp that just wasn't warranted. The league from HS to Pro has been all about protecting defenseless players from taking bad/hard/unnecessary hits/tackles. If a QB with his arm raised in the air trying to pass is not defenseless .... then what is?.... he sure wasn't head down, shoulders lowered ready for a hit or tackle.

Bull crap on the No Call.

Wouldn't expect you to have the best veiw since it happened with the players facing the mTp sideline and their backs towards your side. I had an excellent veiw of it from the mTp side from the 50 yard line, top bleacher. I clearly seen the arm wrapped around the neck. Dangerous way to take someone hard to the ground. Luckily it was only a stinger.

Again good luck to the boys of Loretto the rest of yalls season....... Moving On.

Sorry, but yea you did. Ya'll lost and the first thing that happened was one of your fans got on here and blamed the officials.

Please show a quote where I specifically blamed the officials for mTp losing the game?.?.?

I blamed the officials for having hot hands on the flags in the 2nd half. I did state however that it was quite funny how the refs hands cooled off from the flags when the game got a little outta reach for mTp (3 tds out).... Did mTp miraculously stop creating penalties and straighten up game play?.?.?.... yeah right....(laughable)..... Refs sure did't help none, just as your fans has claimed for your side.... Doesn't mean that costed mTp the game. I also made statements of what hurt mTp that they did themselves that put Loretto in good scoring posistion twice if not 3 times with a short field to do it in.......

So don't even go there Jack!....... Movin On.

Edited by Big Bigby

One year at Collinwood, an mTp player grabbed the CW QB by the jersey, that's all he got of him, spun him around in a circle to the ground and the CW QB jumped right up from it yet that was flagged for a 15 yard personal foul, roughing the QB, unnecessary roughness.

Last night, the mTp QB was grabbed around the neck from his backside, in choke hold style, taken backwards horse collar like, to the ground hard while in a passing position and left laying there in pain from it stopping the game for a few minutes..... Yet That didn't warrant in the least roughing the passer or 'Unnecessary Roughness'..?.?.?

Look, I am not blaming the player for the tackle. That is just going to happen during the play of ball... I am blaming the ref for not making the call when so many other lesser calls was put against mTp that just wasn't warranted. The league from HS to Pro has been all about protecting defenseless players from taking bad/hard/unnecessary hits/tackles. If a QB with his arm raised in the air trying to pass is not defenseless .... then what is?.... he sure wasn't head down, shoulders lowered ready for a hit or tackle.

Bull crap on the No Call.

Wouldn't expect you to have the best veiw since it happened with the players facing the mTp sideline and their backs towards your side. I had an excellent veiw of it from the mTp side from the 50 yard line, top bleacher. I clearly seen the arm wrapped around the neck. Dangerous way to take someone hard to the ground. Luckily it was only a stinger.

Again good luck to the boys of Loretto the rest of yalls season....... Moving On.

Don't go there Jack.lol Bet you're the life of the party.

Its called a football play. Its a contact sport. So, according to you, LHS defenders were supposed to stop and not hit him because he was trying to throw the ball? "He was taken to the ground while in a passing position."? Give me a break. And, the play happened in the center of the line of scrimmage and the QB facing forward so we saw it fine. Heck, we could argue the officials kept mTp in the game to begin with by not blowing the whistle late in the 2nd quarter while mTp ripped the ball away from a kid who's forward progress was stopped for 10sec. That was inside the mTp 15 yd line. What's your opinion on the onside kick that didn't go 10 yards the gave mTp the possession that they scored their final TD on? Loretto never touched the ball and mTp took possession on THEIR 49 yardline. Since they officials spotted the ball there, its plain it didn't go the required 10yards did it? Maybe we could see that better from our sideline even though you had the best seat in the house on the 50.

As you've stated twice already, move on. Its over. We won.

Edited by 1MustangFan

It's quite obvious you pay no attention to content of the post on this board.  I said it would be close and and tough game, but expected Loretto to get the win.  29 to 20 sounds about what I expected.  So I would have to disagree with Trinity.

Yes I know you said that. I'm talking about the predicted scores.. The 35-12 and 42-20