Science Hill versus Brentwood Academy

baylorbigdog1976

So what you are saying is Maryville would beat DB by 60 -70 ??? BA is still ranked 10th in state. So is this your logic... if SH wins... well they beat a bad BA team. if BA wins ... well SH is not that good ?????

MBA was lucky to win the game last week and are ranked right behind Maryville. If anything science hill will be facing a team that is &$@@ off and will be highly motivated to make a statement in this game. I may be wrong but that's how I see BA right now ... Caged tiger put in a corner. They have just as many athletes on their team as does Ensworth . The people at Ensworth would even say so ... Obviously that has not been enough this year. BA is young .. I believe they start only 6-7 seniors on offense and defense combined. Ill shy away from making a prediction because I think a science hill is a good team and respect what they are doing by playing BA and Siegel back to back. I don't know enough about SH to match them up with BA but I imagine they are dangerous and can score alot of points. I don't know if BA can get out of there with a win but I am hoping for a great game

No what I said was Maryville would beat BA by 35. That is what you read. I didn't say anything about DB.

I'm the play-by-play announcer for BA and am happy to answer any basic questions you may have about the team. If you won't be able to make the game Friday night, we'll have a live video webcast. The link is in my signature.

I'm looking forward to making the trip to Steve Spurrier Field to watch two tradition-rich programs battle it out. Props to the 'Toppers for scheduling a DII team in an era where the TSSAA's playoff tiebreaker discourages teams from playing tough opponents.

Does Derek Barnett play for BA? If so, how has he looked so far?

As already mentioned, the only major concern for the Toppers is their secondary. Siegel really exposed that area of the SH team last Friday. If the Toppers get that fixed relatively soon, they'll be fine. However, if they don't, the are going to have big problems when they play pass-happy teams.

The Toppers can score a lot of points in a hurry. Their offense can move the ball. It's their defense that has got to buckle down and secure the W.

I found it, never mind. #84 TE/DE. Not sure he can catch McGue, but if he do, gonna be McGooey.

Barnett is #9, as baylor said. He will likely play ball for either UT or Vandy next year and is rated by 247Sports.com as the No. 4 recruit in the state's 2014 class. He usually plays both ways, but he makes big-time waves at defensive end. That's where he'll probably line up in college.

I don't know anything about Science Hill, other than what I can piece together from the scores and game stories, but I do know Div II.

And my prediction here is Science Hill hangs around early, figures out it can win at some point and wins.

The BA kids play with a lot of passion and are coached up, but it only goes so far. This is not the type of team that can just show up and win anymore. Not even close.

You don't know anything about brentwood academy ... But you sure do think that you do. You act like BA has no talent or the talent is down somehow.. This is a young team. I have been around BA football for 19 years..people forget coach flatt had some years where he had losses.. Very rarely has BA had an undefeated season. There are at least a dozen kids on this team that will be playing on Saturday ... So stop acting like BA has all heart and no talent ... I for one know your agenda. Your analysis of the game may be correct but your back handed compliments for BA are a joke.

Brentwood academy never did just show up and win. That statement alone shows how ignorant you are to the truth about athletics at BA. Coach flatt worked his players as hard as anyone who has ever coached, those teams respected their opponents and did not overlook anyone. You act like BA is a bunch of country club boys who had so much talent they just win. Who needs practice , who needs preparation ...just show up and win.

I don't know anything about Science Hill, other than what I can piece together from the scores and game stories, but I do know Div II.

And my prediction here is Science Hill hangs around early, figures out it can win at some point and wins.

The BA kids play with a lot of passion and are coached up, but it only goes so far. This is not the type of team that can just show up and win anymore. Not even close.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

You don't know anything about brentwood academy ... But you sure do think that you do. You act like BA has no talent or the talent is down somehow.. This is a young team. I have been around BA football for 19 years..people forget coach flatt had some years where he had losses.. Very rarely has BA had an undefeated season. There are at least a dozen kids on this team that will be playing on Saturday ... So stop acting like BA has all heart and no talent ... I for one know your agenda. Your analysis of the game may be correct but your back handed compliments for BA are a joke.

Brentwood academy never did just show up and win. That statement alone shows how ignorant you are to the truth about athletics at BA. Coach flatt worked his players as hard as anyone who has ever coached, those teams respected their opponents and did not overlook anyone. You act like BA is a bunch of country club boys who had so much talent they just win. Who needs practice , who needs preparation ...just show up and win.

Did something he said make you mad?