9AA TALK 2013-14

BIGROB1970

Played first half like a game and yes the Patriots were up when they stopped.  Up by 10 most of the half.  the second half was more of a controlled situational type thing.  Tyler Cunningham is going to be tough to deal with for the Patriot opponets this year.  I think the Patriots have at least three All-District/Region caliber players this year. We'll see how it goes starting Thursday against Clarksville Academy.  The Blue Devils are kinda behind the 8-ball as usual this time of year with the football playoff overlap. 

I haven't read a pre-season review yet on anyone in 9AA (guess that's why I don't subscribe to the Rob. County Times at home!!).  Where can I read up on our teams guys? 

Goob,

I don't think the Rob. Times have come out with anything about basketball yet.  I did see some info on Harpeth and Sycamore in the Tennessean (the Cheatham Co. Section).  Mo-town and White House are covered in the Gallatin News Examiner on line.  East Rob., White House Heritage, and another White House review is available in the "Connection"  section that comes with the Bargain Browser in White House.  Maybe the Times will come out with a preview of the county teams next week. 

Played first half like a game and yes the Patriots were up when they stopped.  Up by 10 most of the half.  the second half was more of a controlled situational type thing.  Tyler Cunningham is going to be tough to deal with for the Patriot opponets this year.  I think the Patriots have at least three All-District/Region caliber players this year. We'll see how it goes starting Thursday against Clarksville Academy.  The Blue Devils are kinda behind the 8-ball as usual this time of year with the football playoff overlap. 

Not sure how much we can learn from Heritage playing a CA team that got blown out by Merroll Hyde the other night. Greenbrier-Stratford should be a decent game. Cubs host a Rossview team tomorrow night that beat Gallatin in their opener and should be a good game. Sycamore was overwhelmed by Kenwood in its opener, but no shame in that as Kenwood is an excellent squad this year and playing quality teams now is bound to help the War Eagles on down the road. Harpeth had a big win over Pearl to open its season the other night as well and I think they will be better than most expected. I stand by my predictions from this summer(Cheatham, Harpeth, Greenbrier, Heritage, Sycamore, WH, Westmoreland), with the possible exception of flip flopping Heritage and Sycamore in the 4-5 spots. Ready to get out and watch some games starting tomorrow night! Good luck to all teams in 9aa!

Heritage won easily tonight over Clarksville Academy 68-47.  CA did start 3 or 4 freshmen.  Heritage could have won by 30 or more if not for some sloppy turnovers and a couple of blown layups.  CA will be better in March.  Too much young talent not to be a factor after a little seasoning.

Heritage won easily tonight over Clarksville Academy 68-47. CA did start 3 or 4 freshmen. Heritage could have won by 30 or more if not for some sloppy turnovers and a couple of blown layups. CA will be better in March. Too much young talent not to be a factor after a little seasoning.

Only one solid freshman started for CA. Sizemore and Cunningham got two quick fouls and didn't play half of first quarter and all of second. Up by way over twenty the cleared bench. Heritage is going to be fine.

Greenbrier hosts Stratford tonight.  I personally think GB will drop their season opener by 10 pts.--young team short on experience.

What are everyone else's matchups and predictions?

Nice call Goob. You have any college football games you like tomorrow? With that type of prognostication ability maybe we can make some $$! Anyways, how did the Bobcats look last night?

Hahaha....wow, had no idea I would be within TWO POINTS on my prediction Mumblety!!  Was a fluke to be certain.

The Cats pulled away early, but within a couple minutes after the start of the game the coach had them in a stall/ spread offense for most of the remainder of the game...which led to many turnovers through some shaky guard play.  I guess they don't want to use the big Allen kid (he still had a double-double btw).    Heard a lot of grumbling from many of the fans around me, even when we were WINNING, about Mason's reasoning behind the play-calling.

Prime timing for an opportunist like Maddux at CPA to come a-callin, eh??!!