Which small town has the best atmosphere to watch a football game ?

Vols1234

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1A and 2A schools have the very best atmosphere for HS football. What games do I need to attend with the best atmosphere/Rival games

Oneida\Greenback(already played.Oneida\Coalfield,Greenback\Coalfield(probably in playoffs)Greenback\Grace(hopefully a good one,last yr one of the best games in the state in1\2A).these are always fun to watch.Cloudland is on their way back up also.Greenback or Grace against Rockwood are usually good also. Edited by orngnblk

Oneida\Greenback(already played.Oneida\Coalfield,Greenback\Coalfield(probably in playoffs)Greenback\Grace(hopefully a good one,last yr one of the best games in the state in1\2A).these are always fun to watch.Cloudland is on their way back up also.Greenback or Grace against Rockwood are usually good also.

Been to plenty of Greenback games. Fun place to watch football, just a good town  in general. II plan on at some point attending a game at coalfield and oneida

You will be hard pressed to get past last week Greenback/Oneida Game.  Lined tailgaters leading into the entranceway of the main gate.  Grills were everywhere......plenty of food.  Heck, if we had gotten a call or two we would have reserved spots for the Cherokee Faithful!! :thumb:  Good thing we got a big ole Walmart cause I'd say they had a major run on body paint.  The game itself lived up to the hype.....but you know what.....it always does. Just as fun when it over there with the pick-ups backed up to the fence.  Fun stuff in this rivalry....!

Usually our games with Coalfield are just as intense, if not more intense. (district)  Probably a lot more passion and fire involved with the Yellow Jackets.  I believe I'm most proud of our little setting, the Reservation is prime football stomping grounds!!

Kazaminite

You will be hard pressed to get past last week Greenback/Oneida Game.  Lined tailgaters leading into the entranceway of the main gate.  Grills were everywhere......plenty of food.  Heck, if we had gotten a call or two we would have reserved spots for the Cherokee Faithful!! :thumb:  Good thing we got a big ole Walmart cause I'd say they had a major run on body paint.  The game itself lived up to the hype.....but you know what.....it always does. Just as fun when it over there with the pick-ups backed up to the fence.  Fun stuff in this rivalry....!

Usually our games with Coalfield are just as intense, if not more intense. (district)  Probably a lot more passion and fire involved with the Yellow Jackets.  I believe I'm most proud of our little setting, the Reservation is prime football stomping grounds!!

Kazaminite

As I have said more than once,my second favorite place to see a game!

Kazaminite

Im going to have to make a trip to the reservation . Ive always heard great things about the Reservation

I would love for South Pittsburg to have tailgating. It's been tried a few times, but it's never taken off. Greenback's trucks backed up to the fence is a bit over the top in my opinion. The truckers yelled inappropriate things at us all night. Good natured support of your team is great, but cussing your opponent from a lawn chair in the back of a truck is not.

The South Pittsburg/Marion County game is an unrivaled rivalry no matter which town it's in.