Richland replaces coach

likearock

This from the Columbia Daily Herald......

Richland, Busby part ways: First-year Richland football coach Jason Busby agreed to step down as coach of the Raiders after just five games to become an assistant coach at Giles County.

Richland had gotten off to a bad start losing all five of their games under Busby, including a 41-0 loss at home to Columbia Academy last week.

“It’s one of those things where I think some things violated what I consider important coaching code of ethics, and I didn’t feel like it would be beneficial to me working there any longer,†Busby told WKSR radio in Pulaski. “I’m excited to work with a top program in the state and work under one of the top coaches in the state. I’m excited to be around the GCHS community and to be able to coach under (Giles County princial Mark Cardin). I think they understand what it takes to have a consistent top program year in and year out, and I’m very excited to be a part of it.â€

Busby will be coaching the wide receivers at Giles County under first-year coach Walt Smith, who is also Busby’s brother-in-law.

Assistant coach Lanny Rich has been named interim coach at Richland, according to Giles County Schools director Tim Webb.

Richland (0-5) will be on the road Friday at East Robertson (2-3).

Source: http://columbiadailyherald.com/sections/sports/preps/stone-removes-moore-coach.html

Edited by Big Bigby

As long as Dr. Dumb "butt" is calling the shots the program will be turned upside down. Get ready Giles County. Sports will be napalmed there in the near future. Just look at the fine folks in Cheatham County. Webb and his partner Curtis have put it to them. Sycamore and Cheatham are 1-4 and only getting worse.

you might be on to something there.  was talking to a rhs mom, she said early in the year the dr. was at practice and was so nice and positive with all the boys.  then went on to mention how horrible it was when the coach ever raised his voice.........hmmmmm  ....kinda makes ya wonder