Clarksville Academy @ Jo Byrns

Shep

Nope looks like they moved him to RB and have a small kid at QB, not sure his name . from what my wife and I saw, the change up doesn't seem to be working. Last years QB was a beast at the few games we got to see.  

That switch makes no sense to me either.  I thought the QB was a senior this year (Jacob Rugen, right?)  He was awesome at running that option and broke off some big runs against us last year.  In fact, I was pretty concerned about having to face him again this year.  My guess is Rugen will be back at QB by the time we face them on Nov. 1.

Edited by NCSdad1962

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think JB is a pretty darn good team despite their 2-3 record, I don't see a JB blowout. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it. I do think JB wins. We need to get things in order here and start preparing for a playoff run. I'd love to see us finish the season with 5 straight wins. It looks like Cascade is the biggest challenge remaining on the schedule.

While I think JB is a pretty darn good team despite their 2-3 record, I don't see a JB blowout. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it. I do think JB wins. We need to get things in order here and start preparing for a playoff run. I'd love to see us finish the season with 5 straight wins. It looks like Cascade is the biggest challenge remaining on the schedule.

From what I've read several places, CA sidelines looks like a MASH unit and the coach can't decide on a qb.  I'm thinking this will be a blowout - maybe not a running clock blowout, but a blowout none the less.  JB 42   CA 14

From what I've read several places, CA sidelines looks like a MASH unit and the coach can't decide on a qb.  I'm thinking this will be a blowout - maybe not a running clock blowout, but a blowout none the less.  JB 42   CA 14

LOL did you see our sidelines a couple weeks ago?  I'll hope for a blowout, it'd be nice to see after the last couple weeks!

Are you guys healthy now?  Good luck tonight.

No still not completly healthy but I doubt we will be this year. Early in the year we were missing 3 senior lineman among others and we're still missing two senior linemen that I know of. There's a slim chance we could get one of them back but I wouldn't count on it.

Devils 40-14 over CA in a not so good defensive game by JB,,, again we need to retro back 30 years and do head on tackling for a whole week in practice ! Other than that JB's O looked pretty good, QB/S Adkins was tough as nails again tonite ! But we don't need our safety to lead in tackles EVERY week,, anyway good win for the Devils, maybe Moto and shep can add some comments

Well it looks like everyone was right by calling a JB blowout. It's a good win for JB and something we haven't been able to see for a couple years (blowout CA). I'll echo what 81 said about the defense...we continue to have our struggles. The aggravating thing is that we look really good at times on defense and terrible other times. The other thing is that we had too many penalties! We've got to get better in that department moving forward.

Anyway, it's good to see the blowout because it reaffirms my thought that JB is a pretty darn good 1A team beating a 4-2 CA team by nearly 4 TD's. JB is a top 10 1A team!