12A Basketball

RedTang

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True,  they must have some kind of inside game.   Timmy Beard showed what he could do  in the Richland game, if he will become more consistant.  It is very discouraging to that part of the team that plays hard on both defense and offense, to have that other part of the team put the ball in the air no matter what kind of shot they have.  Also Coach Hunt  must realize that high school games cannot be won ny wholesale substitutions.  If its playing  time your concerned about, give it  to them  one, two, or even three at a time, but not all five--the talent is jist not there.

The talent drop with the second set is quite large. Hope that doesn't continue into district play. Way to many 3 pointers!! and NO offensive rebounding! An inside game and offensive rebounding and this team can play with most anyone.

Exactally! Need more consistency from inside play. The subbing is just crazy. Should sub no more that 2 at a time, and done right, the starters can get the rest needed for the 2nd half without interrupting the flow of the offense or defense. Rebounding has to improve for sure, but contrary to cwoodbball's belief....I think Summertown may surprise! If we hadn't worn down due too lack of depth in 2nd half, we had that 3A school Collinwood beat!

WC/FH battle for last place tonight and somebody will get a win.  FH starting to warm up look out WC because FH will get you tonight.  FH can get it going with a win tonight.

Well I missed it.  WC pulled out a win over FH.  Stown beat PC. Cwood & Loretto did not play.  Friday night will line things up a little with FH/Loretto, Stown/WC, and Cwood/PC.

Exactally! Need more consistency from inside play. The subbing is just crazy. Should sub no more that 2 at a time, and done right, the starters can get the rest needed for the 2nd half without interrupting the flow of the offense or defense. Rebounding has to improve for sure, but contrary to cwoodbball's belief....I think Summertown may surprise! If we hadn't worn down due too lack of depth in 2nd half, we had that 3A school Collinwood beat!

Looks as though we will to put up with the same type of play all year. Against Perry Co. we  came out bombing the three pointers and wholesale substituting.  Rebounding was poor (except for Scott).  We are not playing as a team.  True, we won by 15, but it should have been 30. I think this team could be a good young team if they learn to play as a team.  But as long as we keep having the wholesale substitutions and keep taking the 2 for 27 percentage three point shots and do not rebound we will see the Summertown tradition of winning keep sliding back.