Marion vs Sale Creek (McCurry man against that Cox man)

Roy Dillard

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning.  I enjoy reading all the posts on here weekly, though I rarely comment.

Looking forward to coming over to Marion County Friday night.  It is what it is.  We will be bringing 21 active Varsity players.  We have 8 out with injuries this week, 4 of those season ending.

The thing about playing schools like Marion County and South Pittsburg is simply this.  These programs are great examples of what small school football can be when everyone buys in and believes. I tell our players all the time, they put their football equipment on the same way you do, they have just been doing it for alot longer.

Yes, we have been scored on alot.  Yes, we have not scored very much.  But, we are learning every week.  We focus on winning the next play, regardless of what the scoreboard says.  If we pick up 4 yards, thats a win.  If we tackle a ball carrier for less than a 4 yard gain, thats a win.  If knock down a pass, thats a win.  If we complete a pass, thats a win.  As our head coach tells the team, if you focus on winning the next play, then you can win a drive.  Win enough drives, you win a quarter.  Win a 2 quarters, and you have won the half.  Pretty soon, if you just focus on winning plays, you may have won enough plays to win a game.

The scores have been ugly, the continuous clock merciful.  But, we will be there, and we will play.  I will call plays.  Sometimes my guys will go where they are supposed to, sometimes they will not.  Then, I will call another play, and we will take the film home and learn something from it.

Have a nice day, see you Friday night.  Looking forward to seeing #1 in person, from what I have read, he's a great person as well as football player.

Good Morning.  I enjoy reading all the posts on here weekly, though I rarely comment.

Looking forward to coming over to Marion County Friday night.  It is what it is.  We will be bringing 21 active Varsity players.  We have 8 out with injuries this week, 4 of those season ending.

The thing about playing schools like Marion County and South Pittsburg is simply this.  These programs are great examples of what small school football can be when everyone buys in and believes. I tell our players all the time, they put their football equipment on the same way you do, they have just been doing it for alot longer.

Yes, we have been scored on alot.  Yes, we have not scored very much.  But, we are learning every week.  We focus on winning the next play, regardless of what the scoreboard says.  If we pick up 4 yards, thats a win.  If we tackle a ball carrier for less than a 4 yard gain, thats a win.  If knock down a pass, thats a win.  If we complete a pass, thats a win.  As our head coach tells the team, if you focus on winning the next play, then you can win a drive.  Win enough drives, you win a quarter.  Win a 2 quarters, and you have won the half.  Pretty soon, if you just focus on winning plays, you may have won enough plays to win a game.

The scores have been ugly, the continuous clock merciful.  But, we will be there, and we will play.  I will call plays.  Sometimes my guys will go where they are supposed to, sometimes they will not.  Then, I will call another play, and we will take the film home and learn something from it.

Have a nice day, see you Friday night.  Looking forward to seeing #1 in person, from what I have read, he's a great person as well as football player.

Keep up the good work coach. What you are teaching to these current players is definately a foundation for future teams to come. I applaud you my friend!!

Good Morning. I enjoy reading all the posts on here weekly, though I rarely comment.

Looking forward to coming over to Marion County Friday night. It is what it is. We will be bringing 21 active Varsity players. We have 8 out with injuries this week, 4 of those season ending.

The thing about playing schools like Marion County and South Pittsburg is simply this. These programs are great examples of what small school football can be when everyone buys in and believes. I tell our players all the time, they put their football equipment on the same way you do, they have just been doing it for alot longer.

Yes, we have been scored on alot. Yes, we have not scored very much. But, we are learning every week. We focus on winning the next play, regardless of what the scoreboard says. If we pick up 4 yards, thats a win. If we tackle a ball carrier for less than a 4 yard gain, thats a win. If knock down a pass, thats a win. If we complete a pass, thats a win. As our head coach tells the team, if you focus on winning the next play, then you can win a drive. Win enough drives, you win a quarter. Win a 2 quarters, and you have won the half. Pretty soon, if you just focus on winning plays, you may have won enough plays to win a game.

The scores have been ugly, the continuous clock merciful. But, we will be there, and we will play. I will call plays. Sometimes my guys will go where they are supposed to, sometimes they will not. Then, I will call another play, and we will take the film home and learn something from it.

Have a nice day, see you Friday night. Looking forward to seeing #1 in person, from what I have read, he's a great person as well as football player.

. Keep doing things the right way coach and it will all come together! Sounds like your on the right direction with the team! Have a safe trip down to Marion Friday night! Good luck to both teams and always an injury free game! Go Marion!!

Great explanation of what athletics is all about.

You are right wins are everywhere. You just have to find them, not only in athletics but in life as well. Nothing is going to hit you harder than life, like Rocky said in Balboa, "It is not how hard you can hit, but how hard you can take a hit and keep moving forward." Got to love the Rocky movies, I was fortunate to grow up watching those movies, very inspirational.

Thanks for the post..very good