what about Div.II?

bball4mha

I believe the new coach for Harpeth Hall is the same coach they have for volleyball (and we all know what she has done for them). I think she seems to work well with her players, and has thier confidence....that being said I'll still take the Irish in a close one. Let me say this about that however, last year Father Ryan lost one of the top players in the state in thier 3rd or 4th game. If that were to happen to say.....a Kristen Archie, my beloved Lady Irish would probably be looking at a 2nd or 3rd seed come state. Here is to a blessing that ALL players in d2 or d1 stay healthy all year.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest defygravity

im not going to rule out HH. ive got a feeling that they are actually going to be very successful this year. They've had some serious downs and frankly some bad luck, starting with the state tourney last year. but i think its going to make them a stronger team. losing brown will affect them, but theyll learn how to adapt with their current posts and have a good balance this year.

ryan will be strong as they always are. pilkerton and archie are two of kind, and they are fantastic players that display true love of the game. some of ryan's younger players are rising up. they saw some playing time last year and will be pretty experienced.

jada mincy of briarcrest will be no doubt a finalist for miss basketball, but will win it. she was incredible as a soph., led her team to a title as a junior, and will undoubtedly be strong as a senoir.

still my money is on HH and i'll hold out on that one, won't retract it. it just seems that this year is their year, they've come so close. good luck this season

In regards to the absolute error in mhaLIONBOY's post, Lauren Lunsford is the point guard for ECS. I bet ECS is really glad Lunsford can't "bang around in the post." The starting post you are trying to refer to is senior Stephanie Williams. She hasn't exactly "picked up CC;" she's been running since she was a freshman- I have run against her. And can you please just tell me what you think Harding would have been able to do if Lauren Drees hadn't have been there. They sat there and held the ball for an entire quarter. You correctly stated the score 25-19. Perhaps you should check the score of the other ECS/Harding game.

As for SBA and Hutchison- are they even in the running for a remotely good state showing? Will they even make it there? Well, I suppose someone has to fill that third spot... They've only LOST players over the past few years.

I must say I'm excited to see this powerhouse Harding take the region, state, nation, world.

Ending- what does it take for the quality teams of the west to get some recognition in the state play? Granted, HH and FRyan deserve every compliment said here. My prediction: Father Ryan to win middle over harpeth hall as seen in the past few years.

Ok, corrections done, my piece said. Final word is just let the teams play. Don't get on here to blow off your incorrect steam. If you're going to name names, get them right.

ok...so mhalionboy is a little confused about the other teams...give him a break...it happens...all this hype surrounding jada mincey is exactly that...hype...she has yet to prove herself alone...all she wants to do is block shots...take it to her and shes in foul trouble and the game is over...ill be back later for more

Everyone knows about Pilkerton and Archie at FRHS, but what is not known is that Jinx has a great point guard that stopped playing as a soph to concentrate on vollyball. Jinx convinced her to come back as a senior. Her name is Ann Mullins. She is every bit as good as Kristen Archie, maybe a bit rusty ar first, but add that to the arsenal. Melanie Volk has lost weight and is much faster this year. She will be tough in the paint.

The unknown for FR is a 6'4" soph girl named Catchy. She played with the Charles Davis AAU team this past year and did pretty well. She gets pushed around in the paint alot, but she will either toughin up and play for Jinx, or spend her career on the bench.