CENTRAL @ CLINTON

92Dragon

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck the rest of the way.  I think you'll win out and be 5-5 but the problem with making the playoffs might be district wins.  We made it the last couple of years with that many wins but the reason is that we had 5 district wins each of those years.  I think the TSSAA would be unlikely to take more than four 5A teams out of our district.  Hope I'm wrong.

District wins have absolutely nothing to do with making the play-offs anymore. With the exception of finishing 1st or 2nd in the district everyone else is a wildcard. It is based on 17 different sets of criteria with the #1 thing they look at being overall wins & the #2 thing they look at being strength of schedule.

If you look at the TSSAA website this past weeks play-off standings had 5 teams from District 3 AAA teams in. AC, CC, Powell, Oak Ridge, & Clinton. I have seen several districts 5 teams in the past few years. Mathmatically it would be hard to get more than 5 in with overall wins being the first criteria.

• 1 month later...