Sevier County vs. Seymour

Pioneer28

I wish the Bears were in the knoxville district instead of the "IMAC". Getting beat down by Maryville was much more interesting than last Friday. I hope the seymour game is better but I dont expect it to be. The conference is bad to say the least. I think the Bears have won like 23 straight in the district. At least its on TV so I wont be driving to seymour. It is a rivalry so who knows. 

Bears 56 Eagles 2

GoBears!!!!

I wish the Bears were in the knoxville district instead of the "IMAC". Getting beat down by Maryville was much more interesting than last Friday. I hope the seymour game is better but I dont expect it to be. The conference is bad to say the least. I think the Bears have won like 23 straight in the district. At least its on TV so I wont be driving to seymour. It is a rivalry so who knows. 

Bears 56 Eagles 2

GoBears!!!!

Goobers89 - You might be the worst fan in the history of high school sports.

What did gobears89 say that wasn't true?

Most years the IMAC overall is one of the weakest conferences in the state. In fact, I believe the league took three years just to get it's first playoff win...........in any classification! We've also had one IMAC loss since the conference was formed............in five years..............talk about a big fish in a small pond. 

Maybe you enjoy paying to see us mercy rule smaller, weaker programs that we have no business scheduling (you did notice that Cherokee had under 30 total players dressed for Friday's game didn't you?) but as a fan I would much rather be playing more competitive programs or at least those in our own classification. If the T$$AA can force us into this sort of schedule under the guise of "saving travel expenses" then I will oblige them by saving my travel expenses.

Thank you scbear. Ripzip we need the better competition if we are going to compete for 6 a titles. Nothing against the other schools and its nobodys fault but the t$$aa. But yes Every coach and former player knows that playing much smaller schools with less athletic support does not help like playing the larger more supported programs. I would rather see ghe Bears compete and lose by 10 than win by 50 against a program with 25 people on the bench.

Just for you zip

gOObears!!!!

Hey goobers, I appreciate you doing that just for me. Makes me feel special.  I am not referring to just this one topic, it just seems that you very rarely say anything positive about the SC program.  I am wondering if you are Lou Holtz.  I just think the SC nation has enough haters that we do not need to feed them.  Our district is not tough compared to others but it is far better than the one DB and SHHS have to deal with.  I know this year the conference is down but the past few years, I think JC, MW, and SD were respectable teams and Cherokee was not bad.  If you look at Maryville's district, they have West but Bearden, Farragut, WB, Heratige, and LC were nothing special.  I know you are going to say that Bearden and FArragut beat us in the playoffs but that was four and five years ago and anyone with Devrin Young was going to be good.  I am not saying that our district is tougher than Maryville's, I am just saying that maybe SC had something to do with winning all those games and they did not win just by default. 

Our district is not tough compared to others but it is far better than the one DB and SHHS have to deal with. I know this year the conference is down but the past few years, I think JC, MW, and SD were respectable teams and Cherokee was not bad. If you look at Maryville's district, they have West but Bearden, Farragut, WB, Heratige, and LC were nothing special. I know you are going to say

that Bearden and FArragut beat us in the playoffs

but that was four and five years ago and anyone

with Devrin Young was going to be good. I am not

saying that our district is tougher than

Maryville's, I am just saying that maybe SC had

something to do with winning all those games

and they did not win just by default.

Yes, Sevier county plays in a cupcake district but that's not their fault. I don't think anyone would question that sevier county is a good program with a good coaching staff. However I disagree with you on district 4AAA. This is a heck of a district, its tough! Yes,farragut and bearden are down this year but they usually field good teams year in and year out. Then you add in west and lenoir city who have been contenders in 5A in recent years. I think Sevier Co would contend for the 2nd spot in this district most every year but they would be challenged more and have a lot of nail biters.