7aaa versus D2 ( Oakland versus Baylor )

Thought I would use a snappy topic title to get some talk about Oakland versus Baylor. You have two top 10 teams in the state going at it. Oakland undefeated and Baylor with a loss away at MBA. Baylor is home and had a huge win against rival McCallie last week (38-14) McCallie was up big on the road at Siegel but lost a nail biter.

This game might be the best teams either has faced all year.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone! Yes, I know I am a new member to coachT, but I've followed the forums for quite some time (just without expressing my own opinions).

It sounds like Oakland and Baylor are similar in the fact that they are second half teams. Oakland tends to let their opponents play them close through first half (14-13 Siegel over OHS and 16-14 OHS over Smyrna at half). Typically, Oakland's massive O-Line will tire out the opposing D-Line in the 2nd half, paving the way for an overwhelming and balanced rushing attack. Oakland's best performance (Arlington) involved a nice passing attack that helped avoid a close halftime score. If Coach McDaniel can get Stacey (quarterback) more involved through short and intermediate passes, as he did in the Arlington game, I expect OHS to win by more than 2 scores. Unfortunately, McDaniel likes to throw deep passes with a majority of Stacey's attempts, bringing down his confidence level. All in all, I believe OHS is too strong in the trenches. 35-24 Oakland